The khaki Earth Explorer National Geographic 5160 Medium Backpack from National Geographic is an all-in-one field pack for both photo/video and personals. The pack is divided in half with the bottom half being dedicated to your equipment while the top half is used for personals like a jacket, accessories or even a snack. The pack is rated to hold your DSLR or camcorder, about three lenses as well as a 15.4" laptop that is nested within its own padded compartment. The bottom half contains movable dividers that can be used to configure the compartment to suit your gear.
The bag is made from a cotton hemp blend and complimented by a padded interior that is gear-friendly. Everything is zipper accessed. There are three front zippered accessory pockets - one horizontal, two vertical for small items like media cards, phone, notepad or business cards. The top accessory pocket has an additional snap loop closure. In addition, the flaps are accented with touch fasteners for added security. The two touch fastened side pockets can be used for eyeglasses or water bottles. In addition, there are side tripod head connecting straps for ease of portability.
For carrying purposes, the pack comes with an adjustable harness system. The back support pad is breathable and especially comfortable. There is also a sternum strap that will help keep the pack steady while walking or hiking.
- The lower padded compartment features removable dividers and holds a DSLR camera or camcorder, with media accessories
- The large upper storage compartment with organizer pockets holds all your personal necessities
- The rear padded compartment holds a laptop (15.4" or less)
- Multiple external pockets and pouches accommodate all your smaller accessories
- Two side pouches with tripod-head connecting straps can be used to support a tripod or carry a water bottle
- The advanced harness system is designed to allow ultimate adjustment, ensuring the perfect fit for each individual carrier. Padded, breathable fabric on the bag's back ensures cool, comfortable carrying
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 39.4" (100.1 cm)