The Mitsubishi HC4000 DLP Projector is an attractive solution for movie fans desiring a genuine cinema experience at home. The saturating BrilliantColor technology and DLP DarkChip system promote authentic color reproduction and high-contrast with deep blacks. Friends will be envious of the striking 1300 ANSI Lumens of brightness and vivid six-segment color wheel. The HC4000 combines amazing full HD picture quality, endless features and ultra flexibility in a portable unit that would impress even the most demanding critics.
Designed to thrive in any space, the HC4000 is a malleable projector. Its BrilliantColor technology not only provides true-to-life color reproduction, but also allows you to adjust colors individually through the built-in Color Management System. The full HD zoom lens generates smooth gradations for dark tones, resulting in deep blacks even during the day.
The HC4000's flexibility also facilitates seamless integration into any home theater. An HDMI 1.3 terminal affords pristine, uncompressed digital audio/video via a single cable with no information loss. The analog video inputs consist of RCA and S-video composite jacks and an RCA component jack as well. An RGB terminal is included for computer connection and there's even an RS232C control terminal that supports third party operation from various devices.
The HC4000 has a diamond lens with a 1.5x manual zoom. This lets you adjust the screen size without changing the projection distance, which is great if you have limited space or want to match your screen and display perfectly. Zoomed wide to its shortest focal length, the HC4000 can project a 50" diagonal image from less than five feet away.
For convenience and ease of operation, the HC4000 has an ultra-quiet noise level and a top access door for the lamp. The amazingly quiet 25 dBA low mode operating noise limits audible distractions and the top-loading access door simplifies maintenance.
Whether you have an entire basement to construct your dream home-theater or just a small entertainment room, the HC4000 has the features and technology to adapt to your individual needs. Its flexibility and superior picture quality can turn virtually any space into your very own cinema.
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- The HC4000 projects in full HD with 1080 vertical lines of display resolution in a progressive scan, meaning the entire screen is refreshed on every pass. The video signal beam does not skip alternate lines, but fills in each line every time, which tends to render smoother motion sequences.
- DLP DarkChip3 Technology
- A key feature of the HC4000 is the latest Digital Light Processing (DLPTM) chip incorporating a new digital micromirror device (DMD) comprised of densely embedded micromirrors. A smaller mirror cavity diameter and narrower gaps between the mirrors improve the aperture ratio of the innovative chip, and reflective light diffusion has been greatly reduced by improving the wiring below the mirror section. The mirrors are controlled to tilt repeatedly several thousand times per second, enabling smooth, true reproduction of the digital source into finely detailed images with no noise or deterioration.
- 1300 Lumens, 4000:1 Contrast Ratio (ANSI: 750:1)
- A fixed iris is adopted, realizing both enhanced brightness and contrast for images. Even in a relatively bright living room with the curtains closed, movies, sports and other programs from high-definition broadcasting and Blu-ray sources can be fully enjoyed in high-definition images.
- Full High-definition Compatible 1.5x Zoom Lens
- A newly developed short-throw zoom lens has been adopted. The 4-cluster, 13-piece all-glass lens provides excellent focusing performance with 1.5x magnification of high-definition images. Improvements in image depth and the lens aperture make it possible for deep blacks to be expressed.
- High-output, Long-life Lamp and Quiet Performance
- The light source is a 230W high-output lamp capable of a long estimated lifetime of up to 5,000 hours when operating in low mode. The low-noise fan is specially designed for cooling efficiency taking factors such as fan and color wheel shape into consideration, yet ensuring impressively low 25dB quietness when operating in low mode.
- DDP3021 Full 10-bit Panel Driver
- The built-in DDP3021 full 10-bit panel driver realizes approximately four times the gradation of 8-bit models, providing smooth expression of dark gradation subtleties.
- Blu-ray 24P Direct Output Compatible
- Capable of handling an output of 48P, twice the speed of cinema film (24 frames per second), precise timing ensure true-to-life reproduction with original, smooth movement.
- 2-3 Pull-down
- At the time of converting 24 frames per second into 60 frames per second, when lining up the second and third frames in sequence, there is a surplus third B frame, which deteriorates movement smoothness. This is eliminated using 2-3 Pull-down to deliver film-like motion characteristics.
- 24P Direct Output
- With 24P direct output the 24 frames per second is converted a full order to a 48 frames per second. This allows sequential matching of two frames at a time, thereby enabling image reproduction with the original smoothness.
- Richer, More True-to-life Colors
- The HC4000 is equipped with a six-segment color wheel capable of reproducing true-to-life colors and richer gradation from standard video sources.
- Color Management for Preferred Color Adjustment
- Adjust images to your color preferences. R (red), G (green), B (blue), C (cyan), M (magenta), and Y (yellow) can each be adjusted individually with the built-in color management function.
- Anamorphic Lens Compatibility - Choose Setting
- The anamorphic lens compatibility of the HC4000 widens the projection range of cinema-scope images. Mode 1 proves extended projection, and Mode 2 is for images other than cinema-scope, which mirror the original with the anamorphic lens attached.
- A new color processing algorithm and improvements in system-level color signal picture quality enable the reproduction of the many mid-range colors in video and natural scenery.
- Adjustable Overscan
- For images such as those from DVD sources, the overscan ratio can be varied between 90 and 100% in 1% intervals when HDMI/components are connected.
- One-touch Projection
- The projector power switch and electric screen (roll down/retract) control are linked, providing a convenient one-touch operation trigger.
- Screen Distortion Correction
- Correct screen distortion using the shape distortion correction function for digital models. Vertical distortion correction of ±15 steps (1 step approximately 1°) is possible.
- HDMI 1.3 Connectivity
- With HDMI 1.3, bandwidth speed has been increased and Deep Color is supported, which results in stunning rendering of over one billion colors. The signal passes through uncompressed without information loss. The single cable for video/audio is also convenient for quick connection and limits unsightly knots of cable.
- Keystone Correction
- Keystone is a distortion of the image caused by projecting at the wrong vertical angle. Digital keystone correction produces an inverse effect that cancels this distortion.
- Short-Throw Ratio
- With a throw ratio of 1.38 - 2.06, the HC4000 can project a 50" diagonal image from less than 5.0' away. This helps when utilizing the projector in tighter spaces and with rear screen projection.
- Long Lamp Life
- In low mode, the lamp can last up to 5,000 hrs. This provides owners plenty of relaxing entertainment with minimal maintenance.