Livid Instruments CellDNA VJ Software allows for versatile, real-time DJ-style mixing and manipulation of video, images and sounds. The intuitive interface builds on the standard Cell interface for video designers looking to alter and composite images in real-time. The software gives the video-savvy and those unfamiliar with video mixing / editing, the tools necessary to mix and manipulate images, add real-time effects and even record performances.
The ability to record performances opens up an entirely new realm of possibilities as both a production and performance tool. CellDNA integrates seamlessly with Ableton Live (requires free Max for Live download) and is MIDI controllable with any MIDI controller.
CellDNA automatically maps to the Livid Instruments OhmRGB, Ohm64, Code, and Block controllers as well as the Akai APC40 and APC20 for easy plug-and-plug VJ performance. Add and manipulate real-time effects with your videos or camera input. Use the Open Source FreeFrame effects to extend your effects library. You can even customize and edit the effects using Livid's Cycling74's Max software.
- Mac OSX 10.4+ and WindowsXP, Vista and 7 compatible
- Assignable effects to knobs or sliders
- 64 slots per clip bank
- Up to 64 clip banks and 32 effect bank presets
- Two channel (A & B) control
- Additional layers
- Record QuickTime videos with sound
- Crossfader for mixing multiple videos
- 3D effects
- FreeFrame support
- Easy MIDI learn
- Control speed, direction, and loop modes
- Use Quicktime movies, images, audio, and flash files
- Open GL accelerated
- Networking for multiple computer control
- Mutli-screen controls
- Development kit for using your own Max patches can be downloaded here
- MIDI Talkback (MIDI OUT) for visual feedback with your controller
- Automap feature for the Ohm64 and Block