Passport? Check. Ten-language phrase book? Check. Nikon S9300 camera? Triple-check. Nikon's Coolpix S9300 Digital Camera (Black) was born to travel--with you. A 16MP CMOS sensor and a sharp 18x Nikkor 25-450mm (equivalent in 35mm format) in a tiny (2.5x4.3x1.3"/6.2x10.8x3.06cm) and featherweight (7.6 oz/214g) body = the ultimate compact travel camera.
The CMOS sensor gives you greatly improved low-light performance and reduced noise, and the 25-450mm lens can easily handle any situation you encounter, from ultra wide-angle landscape to portraits to unapproachable wildlife. Optical VR image stabilization keeps your photos rock solid, without any shaking or blurring, even using the longest telephoto settings, or in low-light, slow shutter speed situations. The high-resolution 921K-dot 3" monitor is crisp and clear, for composing and reviewing your images. Dazzling full 1080p HD video with stereo sound will bring your memories back in pristine condition (you can even take a still photo while shooting video). And the S9300 knows how to turn even dicey lighting situations into great images, with modes like Night Landscape, Night Portrait, and Backlighting HDR. A built-in neutral density filter gives you even greater latitude in daylight shooting.
Built-in GPS records your shooting locations and tracks the route you take. A map displays your current location while shooting, plus Points of Interest (POI) locations--an electronic compass displays the camera's orientation when the photo was taken and records the location for viewing later on your computer.
17 Scene modes provide optimal settings for common photographic subjects. In-camera processing offers you lots of creative choices without using image-processing software: filter effects like Nostalgic Sepia; High-Contrast Monochrome; Selective Color; High Key; Low Key; and Soft Effect; the ability to crop and re-size photos in-camera; D-Lighting for improving high-contrast scenes; and skin softening for improved portraits. The EXPEED C2 processor delivers improved image quality and processing speed. So, wherever you go with the S9300, there you are--ready to bring back great images, no matter what the conditions.
- Power and Portability
- Power and portability blend perfectly into the COOLPIX S9300. Photograph everything from the nightlife in Cancun to the vibrant details of a flower market with the S9300's 18x wide-angle zoom. Create stunning low-light photos without a flash, thanks to its 16.0 megapixel CMOS sensor. Shoot with high-speed framing rates, and record Full HD (1080p) movies at the touch of a button. Plus, built-in GPS provides an accurate and detailed diary of where you've been!
- 18x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens
- Explore new horizons with a far-reaching 18x zoom. Zoom in to create a colorful still life display of trinkets and charms inside a covered market, then zoom out and frame a stunning wide-angle sunset. The S9300 boasts an 18x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens (25-450mm) with optical VR Image Stabilization, which minimizes the chance of blur when shooting photos and movies.
- High-Resolution 16.0 MP CMOS Sensor
- The S9300's 16.0 megapixel CMOS sensor expertly manages high-resolution imagery, delivering the exceptional image quality you expect from Nikon. Even when shooting in low light, the photos and movies you create will be so vibrant, they'll transport you back to the instant they were created. Nikon's backside-illuminated CMOS sensor technology increases the flow of light to the sensor's surface, thereby yielding improved image quality and reduced noise.
- GPS Mapping and Electronic Compass
- Bring bragging rights to your next social network post, and prove to your friends where you've been. Track your travels through your photos and movies. With GPS turned on, all your files are instantly geotagged, providing a visual travelogue that pinpoints latitude and longitude. Integrate your geotagged photo and movie files with Nikon's my Picturetown photo sharing site, Google Earth and Nikon ViewNX 2.
- Full HD (1080p) Movies--18x Zoom, Continuous Autofocus and Stereo Sound
- Recall the sights and sounds of the nightlife in Cancun or the unique mood of a rain forest. With a single touch of a button, record Full HD (1080p) movies with stereo sound. Continuous autofocus keeps your moving subject in focus, and the S9300's full 18x optical zoom range with two-speed control is available during movie recording. Vary the mood by adding in-camera Special Effects, or capture slow- or fast-motion movies. Then watch your movies on an HDTV via the built-in HDMI port.
- Get Creative With In-Camera Effects
- Add your personal touch to everything you capture. Apply in-camera special effects such as Low Key, High Key, Nostalgic Sepia, even Selective Color, and put a little variety into images and movies. Bring new creative looks to still images by applying a filter effect like Fisheye or Miniature. The best part: you can instantly share your creations with fellow travelers as they gather around the S9300's large, high-resolution 3.0-in. LCD monitor.
- High-Speed Shooting
- When your subject is fast-action, you need a camera that can keep up. The S9300 can capture up to 7 shots in approximately one second. That once-in-a-lifetime moment will be captured forever.
- Easy Panorama Mode
- Creating expansive panoramic photos has never been easier. Easy Panorama Mode combines multiple shots into a seamless 180° or 360° panoramic image. Begin by focusing on your starting point, then simply pan across the scene. Once the S9300 detects your direction, the shooting starts and the images begin stitching together in-camera.
- Brilliant Framing and Sharing
- Frame and share your photos and movies on the large 3.0-in. LCD monitor. The ultra-high-resolution monitor features 921,000 dots that show every detail to precision.
- A Wider Tonal Range
- Make your images go from great to dazzling. Gain increased tonal range with the S9300's built-in Backlight HDR Mode, or romance colors from an opulent sunset by selecting Night Landscape Mode.
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-Area Selection
- Auto (9-area automatic selection)/Center/Face priority/Manual with 99 focus areas/Subject tracking
- Scene Modes
- Beach/Close Up/Copy/Dusk/Dawn/Fireworks Show/Food/Landscape/Museum/Night Portrait/Panorama /Assist/Party/Indoor/Pet Portrait/Portrait/Snow/Sports/Sunset/3D Photography
- In-Camera Image Editing
- Crop/D-Lighting/Filter Effects/Quick retouch/Rotate image/Skin softening/Small Picture
- Continuous Shooting Options
- Best Shot Selector/Continuous H/Continuous H 60/Continuous H 120/Continuous L/Multi-shot 16/Pre-shooting cache
- Supported Languages
- Arabic,Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Chinese simplified/traditional), Danish, Dutch,English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian,Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish,Thai,Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese