Kramer's 2-Input 1:4 HDMI Twisted Pair Transmitter & Distribution Amplifier selects, reclocks and equalizes one of two inputs and distributes it over shielded twisted pair to four receivers, each sold separately. The two inputs are an HDMI and a twisted pair. The latter is there for the purpose of accepting HDMI signals converted by an HDMI-to-twisted pair converter, also sold separately. The reason for converting an HDMI signal instead of connecting it directly into the HDMI input is because twisted pair carries signals for much longer distances.
A great type of twisted pair cable to use is Kramer's DGKat twisted pair. It prevents cross-talk between pairs to avoid flickering.
- Key Features
- Kramer Equalization & re-Klocking Technology allows longer transmission distances
- Intelligent EDID handling and processing algorithm ensures Plug & Play operation for HDMI systems
- Controls: Input Select button, EDID Select button, Panel Lock button
- Indicator LEDs: IR communication, Power, IN 1, IN 2, OUTPUT 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Power Connect System: a connection to the transmitter will power also the optional receiver when it's within 270 ft
- 1RU rack-mountable
- System Range
- 295 ft at 1080p or 330 ft at 1080i on shielded BC-DGKat7a23 cable
- 230 ft at 1080p or 295 ft at 1080i on shielded BC-DGKat623 cable
- 98 ft at 1080p or 295 ft at 1080i on shielded BC-DGKat524 cable