The SuperTrak EX 8654B PCIe SAS / SATA RAID Controller from Promise Technology is a stable, robust platform that can be trusted on. It is built on a leading edge hardware design and supported by a RAID stack. It incorporates a single chip solution for optimized reliability with 512 MB data cache on-boardand a x8 PCIe interface to the host.
The SuperTrak EX 8654B with RAID 5 and RAID 6 support protects your mission-critical data by delivering the data protection you expect from leadership solutions. TheSuperTrak EX 8654B Controller's features such as global and dedicated hot spares, RAID level migration, media patrol, read check table and bad sector remapping offer the most reliable data protection solutions in their class.
- Easy Management
- The Web-Based Promise Array Manager Professional (WebPAM PRO) makes SuperTrak EX 8654B Controller easy to manage for both Windows and Linux environments through the browser-based graphical user interface to create, delete, expand and convert disk arrays from anywhere in the world. In the event of a drive or data path failure, the WebPAM PRO supports an array of notification options including text and email, as well as an audio alarm located directly on the RAID controller.
- Performance Hungry Storage
- The SuperTrak EX 8654B Controlleris a high-performance solution delivering reliability to demanding data-intensive applications such as tiered storage environments (disk-to-disk or disk-to-disk-to-tape backup), security and surveillance, video editing and digital content creation. Its support for both SAS and SATA 3 Gbps drives on the same controller maintains configuration optimization for performance based on the characteristics of SAS and SATA drives available today.
- Sophisticated Array Management Tools
- The WebPAM PRO software offers professional management tools in a simple-to-use, straightforward format. Array configurations, management and monitoring features are available via the web-based interface. Moreover, the SuperTrak EX 8654B supports industry standard SNMP and CIM / WBEM so that third party management application integration is simplified
- Hardware Features
- • PCIe x8 host bus interface• Hardware XOR engine to offload parity calculation• Hardware RAID 6 accelerator• Low-profile MD2 form factor• Optional on-board battery backup unit for data retention up to 72 hours
- RAID Fault Tolerance and Robustness Features
- • Multiple logical drive support enables combining different RAID levels on one set of disks• Read check table to avoid data read errors• PerfectRAID technology for error handling and recovery of fatal, media and disk errors• Supports hot swap of failed drives and hot spares• Automatic / manual rebuild of hot spare drive• Background initialization for instant drive availability• Supports bad sector remapping• Variable stripe block size support to meet various application requirements• Synchronization can be scheduled periodically for RAID data consistency