The Marshall Electronics V-MD171XN 17" Desktop Monitor with Modular Input Slots is a networkable HD monitor that can accept a variety of optional input modules including 3G/HD-SDI, 2-channel HD-SDI, 2-channel HDMI, and DVI-I. An optional fiber-optic input/output module is also available, and Marshall Electronics plans to release more modules in the future. As a result of this modular design, the monitor can be updated to keep up with changing needs or new technology.
On the rear panel, underneath the two optional input slots, is a LAN 100 port with a built in web server. A LAN configured with multiple V-MD-series monitors can be controlled remotely via a Firefox web browser, even on a wireless device.
Other important features include composite and component inputs and loop-through outputs, a false color filter, user-definable function buttons, and much more. The V-DM171XN won TV Technology's STAR award at the 2009 IBC in Amsterdam.
- Includes 2 slots for optional 3G-SDI, fiber, and other input/output modules, swappable in the field
- Networkable via LAN 100 port with built-in web server
- Functions include False Color, Markers, RGB Gain/Bias Adjust, Pixel-to-Pixel, Blue Gun, and Hard Tally
- Maintains picture quality over long fiber cable rubs when an optional fiber-optic module is employed
- User-definable buttons allow a more streamlined workflow