The VTrak x30 Series 6G SAS 3U 16 Bay Dual Controller Expansion Chassis from Promise Technology is a robust, high-availability 6G SAS JBOD storage expansion platform with dual I/O modules. The 3U 16 Bay Expansion Chassis allows storage applications to access their data at fast speeds, providing up to 24 Gbps of bandwidth over the external multilane 6G SAS host interface.
As the demands for capacity expansion of digital media continues to explode, IT infrastructures and its growing complexities have become increasingly difficult to manage. With the technology moving towards the storage boom, the IT administrators are looking for a robust storage expansion platform. This Expansion Chassis provides high-availability, flexibility and energy-efficiency in a cost effective package that meets their application demands.
Note! Drives are not included in this expansion chassis. SATA drives require SAS to SATA adapter which is sold separately in pack of 4.
- Delivering a Reliable Enterprise Level Storage Architecture
- The 3U 16 Bay Expansion Chassis delivers a high performance SAS solution with advanced enterprise level reliability and functionality. Delivered in a Storage Bridge Bay (SBB) 2.0 compliant package, the x30 Series offers the full redundancy that is expected of an enterprise solution. Dual active-active JBOD I/O modules allow for redundant data paths to ensure data availability. The dual power supplies and cooling fans are in place to minimize downtime and any disruption to business continuity.
- 6G SAS Performance
- The 3U 16 Bay Expansion Chassis allows storage applications to access their data at fast speeds, provides up to 24 Gbps of bandwidth over the external multilane 6G SAS host interface. The 6G SAS architecture paves the way for immense available bandwidth to support the flood of unstructured data flowing across networks. In this Expansion Chassis you have the ability to deploy 3G and 6G SAS/SATA hard drives and Solid State Devices (SSD) that are fully backward compatible with 3G SAS/SATA devices.
- The 3U 16 Bay Expansion Chassis utilizes the environmental friendly production methods and materials as well as a high-efficiency design that saves energy. The Expansion Chassis sports 80 Plus Bronze Certified power supplies that offer up to 85% power efficiency. It improves the total cost of ownership by conserving power, reducing heat output and improving cooling costs. The internal 6G SAS expander based architecture also allows for transparent access to each drive and enables full utilization of the power management features built into modern hard drives.
- It features up to four 6G mini SAS (4x) ports, two ports per I/O module
- This Expansion Chassis has redundant, hot-swappable Field Replaceable Units (FRUs)
- It also has SES-2 compliant enclosure management
- The Expansion Chassis is compatible with SAS & SATA drives, HBAs and RAID controllers