The ThinkPad W520 15.6" Notebook Computer (Black) from Lenovo takes the no-nonsense, business-oriented side of Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks and adds a touch of personality for customer-facing roles in small- to medium-sized businesses. The result is a slimmed down 15.6-inch notebook computer that weighs just 5.75 pounds. This Lenovo notebook is also wrapped in a refined, soft matte coating with a sleek black finish.
The 15.6" Full HD widescreen display features LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The 1920 x 1080 native resolution is supported by a hybrid graphics system which has a nVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory and integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. The anti-glare coating allows you to use this Lenovo notebook in bright rooms or outdoors in the sunlight.
The system is powered by a quad-core 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-2760QM processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, an integrated webcam and microphone as well as built-in stereo speakers. Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Performance
- This Lenovo notebook features a 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-2760QM processor. Its quad cores can reach a speed of 2.4GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.5GHz with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology. With 4GB of DDR3 RAM and a 6MB L3 cache, this Lenovo notebook allows you to multitask and stay productive without any lag time
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" Full HD widescreen display features LED backlight technology, which provide better energy efficiency and image quality than the older CCFL backlight technology. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is the ideal standard for HDTVs, and is constructed out of Infinity Glass. The screen also has an anti-glare coating so you can use this Lenovo notebook in bright rooms or outdoors in sunlight
- Hybrid Graphics
- This Lenovo notebook features a hybrid graphics system to support its Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. For graphics-intensive applications, the nVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory is used. When performing everyday tasks, this Lenovo notebook will switch over to integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 to conserve battery life
- High Definition Audio
- This Lenovo notebook comes with high definition audio support for an optimal listening experience. The built-in stereo speakers work well with tandem with the high definition audio support or you can plug in external speakers as well as headphones into the 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo jack for a better audio experience
- Stay Connected
- Hold video conference calls with clients or video chat with friends and family with the integrated HD webcam. This webcam is designed to work even in low-lit conditions so you'll always be seen. The built-in microphone captures your voice in clear quality so the person receiving your video chat can hear you. Multiple audio modes ensure that individuals and groups can be heard distinctly when making audio or video calls. Talk uninterrupted with keyboard noise suppression technology on this Lenovo notebook
- Lenovo Rapid Boot Technology
- Time is money. That's why Lenovo Rapid Boot technology improves boot times by up to 30% so you have instant access to important documents and files on your Lenovo notebook when you need it
- Lenovo ThinkVantage Technology
- Lenovo ThinkVantage Active Protection System and Rescue and Recovery minimize data loss because of hardware corruption, enhancing critical data safety for all your important files