The 500GB GPT50 Triple Interface External Hard Drive from Glyph Technologies features next-generation Oxford bridging technology and is redesigned to be smaller and more environmentally friendly. It has an internal power supply and a quiet fan for effective cooling. It is 33% smaller than the Glyph GT050Q, which makes it more portable and convenient.
This hard drive from Glyph has a triple interface, which consists of USB 2.0, eSATA and FireWire 800. It has 500GB of hard drive storage and a 16MB cache. It has an average seeking time of 8ms and a maximum data transfer rate of 3Gbps. It is compatible with Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Triple Interface
- This Glyph hard drive provides you with all the ports you need. With FireWire 800, USB 2.0 and eSATA ports, you can connect this Glyph hard drive to your external interface of choice
- Internal Power Supply
- External power supplies are easily misplaced, accidentally unplugged from the drive and take up valuable outlet space. This Glyph hard drive uses an industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply for the most efficient and reliable power source possible
- Effective Cooling
- This Glyph hard drive uses a temperature-controlled fan making it overall quieter while still offering proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back, which is critical to the performance and reliability of the components
- Optional Rack Mount Kits
- Transform this Glyph hard drive into a 1U rack-mount hard drive with the optional GPT Rack Kit. The rack kit holds one or two drives in a 1U rack space (sold separately)
- Keep Your Data Safe
- This Glyph hard drive boasts new features designed to keep your data safe. The intelligent power switch must be held for 3 seconds to power off the drive, guarding against unintended power-off. The multifunction LED shows drive power, activity and also warns of a failing hard drive