This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The PowerShot D20 Digital Camera (Blue) from Canon incorporates the best of Canon's point and shoot cameras, and wraps them in a waterproof, freezeproof and shock proof housing. Capture underwater macros with a waterproof depth rating of 33' for up to an hour at a time, or record GPS data into your images from a frozen mountain peak. It also does all of this with a high-sensitivity 12.1MP CMOS sensor, 5x optical zoom and Intelligent IS. Whether you're the adventurous type or simply want a camera with added protection for the outdoors, the D20 has you covered for nearly any eventuality.
With its 12.1 megapixel image sensor this little camera is still able to capture poster-sized images at a maximum 4608 x 3456 resolution. This gives you the flexibility to enlarge or crop any section of your image for printing or sharing online. Digital Image Stabilization ensures those images are as sharp as possible and not blurred due to low lighting, holding the camera away from you, or aiming at a moving subject.
The DIGIC 4 Image Processor powers all of the camera's advanced systems and features--ensuring you get fast, reliable performance with low battery consumption. With it, the camera can have its enhanced picture quality, alongside features like HD video, high-speed continuous shooting, and Face-Detection Self-Timer.
In addition to the speed of shooting, Intelligent IS works to deliver sharper and clearer images to your camera's sensor and memory card. Using multiple types of image stabilization, the camera selects the best and most appropriate method to capture your photo or video without distracting camera shake.
The built-in GPS helps you track your images via the location and altitude information--whether you're skiing in the Rockies or diving in the Caribbean. You can route your trip and see where each shot was taken, so you know where the best ones were captured and can return another time to reshoot others.
Not only does the D20 double as a high definition camcorder that fits in your hand, but it's a waterproof, freezeproof and shockproof HD camcorder! Capture more than a snapshot of your memories by recording all of them in outstanding Full HD 1080p video. With its video capabilities, rugged build and dozens of photography features, it is one feature-packed camera that will perform no matter what situations you throw at it.
- 12.1MP Image Resolution
- Capture minute details in the snow and the textures of a coral reef with the camera's 12.1 megapixel resolution imaging sensor, making your images rich and clear even out to the long end of the optical zoom. Having a high resolution 1/2.3" CMOS sensor is ideal when you plan to create large prints, and also provides the flexibility to blow up and crop sections of an image when you wish to alter the composition.
- Waterproof, Shockproof, and Freezeproof Design
- Canon created the PowerShot D20 to be the tough, practical companion you'll want to bring on all of your outdoor adventures. Scuba dive, ski, rock climb and more: this camera is waterproof down to 33' below sea level, freezeproof to 14°F, and shock proof up to a 5.0' drop. It's safe for everything from winter sports to summer hiking, and everything in between.
- 28-140mm Equivalent Lens with 5x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom
- Just because it's a small camera doesn't mean it has to have a tiny lens. This PowerShot camera is built with a Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens, and a 4x digital zoom. The optical zoom starts as a 28mm wide-angle and can extend to its maximum 140mm telephoto zoom, when converted to their respective 35mm equivalents. This covers a wide and highly useful range of focal lengths that are great for underwater landscapes, interiors, poolside portraits, arctic wildlife and event photographs.
- 3.0" Rear LCD Screen
- As large as some DSLR screens, the D20 has a bright 3.0" rear LCD. Using a larger screen helps you compose images better, and provides a wealth of important information about the shot as you capture it via the crisp 230,000 dot color user interface. A clearer screen means you can see more detail whether you're shooting underwater, or showing off your images on the beach. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- The camera houses Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor to power its advanced systems and features. This ensures fast and reliable performance without sacrificing battery life. Features such as high-speed continuous shooting, HD video capture and Face- or Motion-Detection are all made possible thanks to its fast processing speed and efficient design.
- Canon HS System
- The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos in an even wider range of shooting conditions--like the side of a mountain or bottom of a lake. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlights and shadows. This HS system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity imaging sensor to capture more light, and a DIGIC Image Processor to reduce noise and processing time. The 12.1 megapixel CMOS sensor in the PowerShot D20 incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range to an amazing high of 3200. The Canon HS System takes the frustration out of low-light shooting, delivering clear, blur-free images.
- Intelligent IS Stabilization System
- Intelligent IS detects and implements the most appropriate camera shake correction methods for any given shooting situation. When shooting still photographs the system automatically selects between Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod image stabilization modes. During HD video capture it automatically chooses among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes. Using Intelligent IS you can concentrate on your images and let the camera worry about the most effective IS settings, giving you clearer photos and videos as a result.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- What's better than capturing brand new home movies of your family? Doing it with an HD camera that fits in your pocket! Shoot Full HD 1080p video anytime, anywhere right from the little digital camera. No longer limited to still images, with a simple push of the dedicated movie button you can record every moment in motion.
- Dedicated Movie Button, Wind Filter and Full Optical Zoom
- It's never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. The PowerShot D20 has a dedicated movie button that lets you start and stop recording instantly. There is no need to go through layers of menus or operate switches or dials to switch to and from video recording mode. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want. It also incorporates an electronic wind filter, which suppresses wind noise that can muffle or distort the sound. And unlike less sophisticated point-and-shoot cameras, the PowerShot D20 lets you use the full range of optical zoom when you're shooting a video.
- 100 - 1600 ISO Sensitivity
- With a range of sensitivities, it can shoot anywhere from a bright sunny day at the beach, to a dark room lit only by birthday candles - and anywhere in between. Choose ISO 100 when the sun is shining and there is plenty of light around your subject. This will allow you to have sharper and clearer images, with less noise due to the low ISO. When shooting at night or in areas of low light you can quickly turn the ISO up to 1600 and keep shooting despite the lack of ambient light.
- Smart AUTO Scenes and Selections
- Any photographer can appreciate a camera that removes some of the hassles of capturing beautiful images - especially one that is so compact. This digital camera features Smart AUTO: a sophisticated Canon technology that help to make great shots as simple as pressing the shutter button. It will automatically analyze scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. These scenes are compared using 32 predefined shooting situations and the camera then makes the optimal adjustments to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also incorporates Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you'll have to do is aim your shot and let it do the rest.
- iFrame Recording for Apple iMovie
- With the video capabilities of this camera you can also choose to shoot video in the Apple iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up the importing and editing of your videos. It keeps the file sizes small, which makes it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos to friends and family, or upload them to social media sites for sharing. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video programs, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions to other formats.
- Scene Modes and Effects
- You'll notice it is surprisingly easier to create complex photographic effects with the digital camera's Scene Modes. No special lenses, filters or editing techniques are necessary, just a quick change to the camera's setting. Scene Modes include a Fisheye Effect for that classic rounded distortion, Toy Camera Effect that recreates the look of toy or pinhole cameras, Monochrome mode that adds a distinct one-color effect to your photos, among many others.
- Dedicated Help Button
- Find help no matter where you are, or when you need it. This digital camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, and its new Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu on the LCD screen any time you need it. Scroll through a variety of topics to get clear explanations, helpful shooting advice, and diagrams highlighting the position of any other buttons you need to find.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Having to constantly buy and store dozens of "AA" batteries can be cumbersome and expensive over time. This camera comes with an included, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can be reused for hundreds of photoshoots and videos. Not only does it have a battery included, but also a compact power adapter that allows you to recharge wherever there's a compatible power outlet. No matter where you go, you won't need to haul around additional boxes of batteries to power up your camera and keep you shooting.
- HDTV Playback via HDMI Output and CEC
- It's easy to enjoy and share the videos you shoot with the PowerShot D20. Simply connect its HDMI terminal to your HDTV using an HDMI cable. And because the PowerShot D20 supports HDMI-CEC technology, you'll be able to control the playback of your images and videos on any CEC-enabled HDTV using the TV's remote control. (CEC - Consumer Electronic Control - is part of the HDMI specification, enabling components in a system to communicate with one another)
- Pure Color System LCD
- Many LCD screens on the market today use a striped arrangement of dots that works great for text and menus, but is not ideal for images. The PowerShot D20's PureColor System LCD uses a delta arrangement of dots, which works better for the organic nature of photos and videos, allowing you to review your images with exceptional clarity with rich, true-to-life color. The PureColor System LCD is also ultra-durable to withstand heavy use in all sorts of conditions. Just as importantly, it offers clarity you won't find elsewhere. Outdoors in sunlight, color is faithfully reproduced, while a high contrast ratio ensures that you'll see exactly what you're shooting from any viewing angle. This makes it easy to frame shots quickly in tight situations.
- GPS Technology
- The PowerShot D20 digital camera is equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) technology. Now you can travel the world and let the camera automatically record the locations and local times of your stills and videos. The camera can also use the GPS unit to automatically set the exact time. You can maximize the usefulness of the GPS feature by using the special bundled Map Utility software that makes it fun to share the memories of your world adventures. In addition to displaying all your photos' locations on a world map, the camera's GPS system can also track your route from photo to photo - a great way to visualize each trip! You can also create and share custom maps and personal mini-travel guides with friends and family members
- Optional Accessories
- A full range of optional accessories designed specifically for the PowerShot D20 take its fun and functionality to new heights. A Waterproof Case and Float are perfect for shooting in deeper waters down to 131 feet. A Carabiner Strap and Shoulder Strap keep the camera at hand during biking, climbing, hiking or any physical activity. A Silicone Jacket and Soft Case provide protection from the elements without adding extra weight
- 30 Display Languages Provided
- English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi, Hindi, Malaysian, Indonesian, and Vietnamese