The STORM 3G Elite Multi-I/O Processor from Grass Valley is a 2 RU rack-mountable device, providing complete connectivity and HD/SD hardware for real-time, same frame, down conversion with real-time, full-quality, full-resolution 3G 10-bit HD-SDI, SD-SDI, DV, and HD/ SD analog output from the timeline.
The STORM 3G Elite consists of a breakout box with a PCIe 4X I/F card for desktop connection (4x mode: up to 1080p50/60) as well as an Express 34 card (1x mode: up to 1080i) for laptop connection. Video interfaces include dual 3G SDI, which can be used as either a single 3G SDI signal or a pair of high-definition and standard-definition signal outputs. Other interfaces include 1080p-capable HDMI I/O, composite (SD only), and component (up to 1080i) analog video I/O.
For audio, the STORM 3G Elite has 4 pairs of AES/EBU interfaces (as 8 BNC connectors, each accommodating 8 audio I/Os up to 48 kHz, 24-bit). Another 4 pairs of XLR balanced audio are also available, with a stereo pair each of balanced and unbalanced audio monitor out. A switchable line/mic (switchable phantom power) is also available for a dedicated voice-over input.
The STORM 3G Elite also features control/sync. It has two RS-422 interfaces, one for controlling a VTR as master and another for control of a slave. Linear timecode I/O, reference in/through/out interfaces (which accept both bi-sync and tri-sync level), and a locking power connector round out the rest of the interfaces.
- HD/SD-SDI input and output with embedded audio and timecode
- HDMI input and output for full resolution, real-time monitoring from the included EDIUS Pro 6.5 NLE software
- Embedded HDMI audio input and output for high-quality audio monitoring
- Video and audio output stay in sync, with editing windows for accurate editing and trimming
- Reference input supports bi-level or tri-level sync
- RS-422 master and slave machine-control support
- Allows you to edit any mix of SD and HD resolution video content together in real time
- Works with many different native video formats, including DV, HDV, AVCHD, uncompressed, and more
- Real-time SD/HD resolution, aspect ratio, and frame-rate conversion and output, including 16:9-to-4:3 and NTSC-to-PAL
- Supports file-based formats, including Infinity JPEG 2000, XDCAM and XDCAM EX, P2 (DVCPRO and AVC-Intra), and GFCam
- Compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)