The MuxLab Shielded CATV Balun allows you to transmit terrestrial RF signals via a single UTP or CAT5e/6/7 STP cable. When used in pairs, this balun allows you to integrate your RF sources such as the Internet, digital cable, etc. with the more efficient CAT-structured cabling system. This balun allows you to replace a coaxial cable with a single cost-efficient CAT5e/6/7 cable and supports high-amplified RF signals. In addition, this balun is capable of achieving transmissions up to a distance of 330’ (100 m).
The cast aluminum enclosure reduces EMI / RFI egress that minimizes the drop in signal strength, making the CATV Balun useful for long distance transmissions. When used in conjunction with other MuxLab CATV Hubs (500300/303), the Shielded CATV Balun simplifies routing solutions and is suitable for use in commercial and home A/V systems.
- Allows CATV equipment to be flexible for use with any convenient modular wall outlet
- Transmits a terrestrial RF signal via a CAT5e/6/7 STP or UTP cable
- Cost-efficient solution for incorporating CAT structured cabling system with coax cables
- Supports bandwidth up to 900 MHz (Internet, digital cable, etc.)
- Transmission distance up to 330' (100 m)
- Better EMI/RFI shielding with an cast aluminum enclosure
- Can be placed besides most RF splitters
- Can be used with MuxLab's 500300 or 500303 CATV Hubs for an efficient cabling solution
- Suitable for use in schools, government, offices, hospitals, financial institutions, hotels, residential complexes, etc.