The Elmo TT-12 Document Camera and CRP-221 LCD Projector is a set designed for classroom use and consists of an interactive camera and a projector that syncs up with the camera's live-projection functions.
The camera connects to the projector and to a computer -- Mac or PC -- and offers two categories of use. It lets teachers apply features, such as picture-in-picture, to class material being projected onto a wall, and it allows class sessions to be captured in high-definition video that can be posted online for students and parents. The features applicable are part of a software called Image Mate that comes included with the camera. In addition to picture-in-picture, Image Mate offers split-screen, highlights, masks, color filters, Mosaic, and an annotation tool that works by mouse. For normal projection, class documents need only be placed under the camera eye. But for projection with a feature applied, in addition to what's under the camera eye, images separately captured can be incorporated, as they would be in picture-in-picture.
The camera has a 3.4 megapixel CMOS sensor that captures bright and colorful video and photos, and an internal mic that records sound. A jack for an external mic is also available. Shots can be gotten from almost any angle per a swivel-adjustable arm, and, by the combination of a 12x optical zoom and an 8x digital zoom, details can be magnified by 96 times without any distortion. Focus can be set manually or set automatically at the tap of a button. Files can be saved to a connected computer or internally via USB/SD/SDHC slots. Output is by HDMI out and audio line out, and is at 30 frames-per-second and thus in smooth, full-motion video. Different output resolutions up to 1080p HD can be selected at the flip of a switch. For control, a control panel and a remote control are included. However, the camera is compatible with ELMO's CRA-1 wireless tablet that if incorporated would replace not only the control panel and remote control but also a connected computer.
The projector features 2200 lumens of brightness and has enough projection power to allow students in a medium to large room to take notes even if some ambient lights are on. It is equipped with matrix LCD technology and supports resolutions up to XGA. Distortion due to wrong positioning is compensated by an auto vertical keystone correction thanks to which images are displayed clear and square. And lamp control adjusts the brightness of the images. Focus can be achieved by a digital zoom function, and an auto setup button enables Input search, Auto Keystone correction, and Auto PC adjustment. Connections are available for a computer input and a monitor output. Lamp and filter maintenance functions allow for effective and efficient maintenance. And power management functions allow lamp life to be maintained by reducing lamp power consumption. The projector supports 19 languages.
- The Camera
- Connects to the projector and to a computer (Mac / PC)
- Enhances projected material with features like split-screen
- Captures class sessions to be posted online for students/parents
- Saves files to computer or internally via USB/SD/SDHC memory slots
- A 3.4 megapixel CMOS sensor captures bright and colorful video/photos
- A built-in mic records sound, and a jack is available for use of an external mic
- Outputs smooth, full-motion video at 30 fps in up to 1080p HD by HDMI/audio out
- A 12x optical and an 8x digital zoom combine to offer distortion-free 96x magnification
- The Projector
- Features 2200 lumens of brightness
- Lamp control adjusts the brightness of images
- Auto keystone correction compensates for distortion
- An auto setup button enables corrections and adjustments
- Connections are available for a computer input / monitor output
- Equipped with lamp maintenance and power management functions
- Produces enough projection for notes to be taken with even the lights on