The wallet-friendly Wireless Mouse 1000 from Microsoft is a great mouse for use at home, at the office, or anywhere in between. The mouse employs a tiny transceiver that plugs into an available USB port on your computer. Meanwhile, the transceiver communicates with the mouse wirelessly using 2.4 GHz technology. That means you won't need to clutter your workspace with another cord that will just get in the way. While cables also limit the distance you can be from your computer, this mouse affords up to a 15-foot wireless range.
In addition to convenience, the Mouse 1000 gives you high performance and comfort. As its name implies, it features optical tracking of 1,000 dots per inch (dpi) to ensure optimal accuracy and precision. This allows for smooth scrolling, pointing, and clicking. You can easily use the mouse in either your right or left hand. The mouse is powered by two AA batteries, which you'll receive in the package. Of course, these are easy to replace when the time comes. An added feature is that the transceiver snaps into its slot to turn off the mouse, making it easy to take it on-the-go. The mouse is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems for added flexibility.
- 2.4 GHz wireless technology lets you enjoy a wireless connection with a 15-foot range
- Snap the transceiver into the slot to turn off the mouse
- 1000 dpi optical tracking provides responsive cursor control
- Scroll wheel lets you navigate documents and web pages quickly
- Comfortable to use in either your right or left hand