The UpClose G2 8x40 Porro Binocular from Celestron is a high quality binocular at an affordable and economical price. Talk about bang-for-the-buck. Besides the mainstream 8 power magnification with the very reasonable light transmission of 40 millimeter objectives, this binocular possesses multi-coated optics for brighter, sharper, higher contrasted viewing. It boasts an exceptionally wide-angle AAoV of 65.4 degrees which translates to a FOV spread of 429 feet at 1000 yards. The classic Porro prism design lays out better three-dimensional imaging with less light loss. The outdoor factor has not been ignored. Water resistant with a rubber covered aluminum housing it is endowed with finger ridges and thumb indents. This binocular wants to make itself easy to grip and hard to slip. Fold the rubber eyecups up if you are not wearing eyeglasses and fold them down if you are wearing eye or sunglasses for the maximum field of view. Fold them back up for storage. This is an all around binocular offering a moderately large size factor but well within the limits of a handheld steady view. Nonetheless, a tripod thread has been provided for long term viewing without undo fatigue.
- Wide AAoV of 65.4° with an exceptional FOV of 429'
- Large ridged center focus wheel affords easily accessible focusing
- Rubber eyecups and right eye dioptric adjustment supply comfortable customized viewing
- Porro Prisms offer enhanced three-dimensional imaging, less light loss and generally sharper images for a smaller investment
- Rubber covered aluminum body with ergonomic thumb indents and finger ridges provide a secure and comfortable grip, as well as added shock-resistance
- BAK7 glass with multi-coated optics on at least one lens surface reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image
- Celestron recommends this binocular for bird watching, sporting events, nature & wildlife, hunting, travel & ventures, concerts & live events, and boating