The UpClose G2 10x50 Porro Binocular (Clamshell Packaging) from Celestron offers a large magnification for exceptional up-close detail with the even larger light transmission abilities of 50 millimeter objectives. This binocular is a top performer in low light conditions such as dawn, dusk and an overcast day. Good on the hunt or for outdoor panoramic vistas it is an excellent choice to double as an astronomical sky scanner. The exceptionally wide 67.4 degrees Apparent Angle of View (AAoV) is greatly appreciated here. The Pleiades and the Moon's terminator never looked so awesome. 10x50's are at the far end of comfortably handheld viewing without experiencing the effects of the wobbles. A tripod thread has been integrated into the chassis for stable viewing over long durations.
The UpClose G2 10x50 Porro possesses multi-coated optics for brighter, sharper, higher contrasted viewing. The classic Porro prism design lays out better three-dimensional imaging with less light loss. The outdoor factor has not been ignored. Water resistant with a rubber covered aluminum housing it is endowed with finger ridges and thumb indents. Fold the rubber eyecups down with eye or sunglasses and extend them with glasses for the maximum field of view. This is an all around binocular offering a large size factor but just within the limits of a handheld steady view.
- Exceptionally wide AAoV of 67.4°
- Large ridged center focus wheel affords easily accessible focusing
- Rubber eyecups and right eye diopter adjustment supply comfortable customized viewing
- Porro Prisms offer enhanced three-dimensional imaging, less light loss and generally sharper images for a smaller investment
- Rubber covered aluminum body with ergonomic thumb indents and finger ridges provide a secure and comfortable grip, as well as added shock-resistance
- BAK7 glass with multi-coated optics on at least one lens surface reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image
- Celestron recommends this binocular for bird watching, sporting events, nature & wildlife, hunting, travel & ventures, concerts & live events, and boating