The Prostaff 5 16-48x60 Spotting Scope from Nikon is a Porro prism design with fully multicoated optics. A large magnification zoom of 16-48x allows a wider field scan followed by progressive magnification of closer details. The 60 mm objective lens transmits enough light to make this spotting scope usable in the low light periods of twilight. The straight eyepiece allows faster target acquisition and an easier follow of moving objects. There is a built-in sliding sunshade for protection from excessive glare or rain drops on the objective. The housing is fully o-ring sealed, and purged with nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance. Regardless of the weather conditions the field-of-view will be sparkling clear and the optic's internal mechanism will be well protected from the negative effects of moisture and atmospheric residue. Waterproof to 3.3 feet for up to 10 minutes this fieldscope is suitable for all types of outdoor activities in any kind of weather. Backed up by Nikon's "No-Fault" repair/replacement lifetime warranty; regardless of what happens to the scope-even from your own negligence - Nikon will repair or replace (at their option) this extremely well built and durable fieldscope.
- Large objective lens for a brighter field of view
- Compact, lightweight and smooth ergonomic design
- All lenses and prisms are fully multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Built-in sliding hood provides glare, dust, rain and snow protection for the objective
- O-ring sealed, nitrogen-purged, waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fogproof protection
- Bayonet-type eyepiece mount with locking system for a quicker, more secure eyepiece connection
- Chromatic aberration at the peripheries of the view field is minimized furnishing color fidelity out to the edge