In addition to private movie screenings from the comfort of your couch, the Toshiba BDX5300 Blu-ray Disc Player is also your ticket to customized playlists, photo slideshows, and even TV series or video clips streamed from the Internet to the screen of your HDTV. This affordable disc player has a slew of networked features that can keep you and the whole family entertained for hours on end.
As a Blu-ray disc player, the BDX5300 supports full HD 1080p resolution at 24 frames per second, so you can see films the way the director intended. With such a high resolution, you can see extreme detail and clarity. Plus, this disc player upconverts standard DVDs to near-HD quality so you can achieve better imaging from your old standby favorites. It also has a dual-core processor to ensure optimal picture quality.
Now you're probably wondering, does it do 3D? Of course it does, so you can enjoy the latest titles of Blu-ray 3D movies when you pair this player with your 3D HDTV, 3D glasses and other required accessories. Then just sit back and enjoy full immersion in all your favorite entertainment.
If you really want to experience the full thrills of the theater in your own home, you need high definition sound as well. Ideally, that means feeling the rumble of an explosion, or hearing the whizzing of bullets from the back to front of your sound field to make you feel like you're right in the middle of the action. Luckily, the BDX5300 supports advanced audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, which are found on many Blu-ray discs. By connecting this disc player to your A/V receiver, you can send up to 7.1 channels of HD surround sound to your multi-channel speaker system.
But this is more than just a disc player; if you connect it to your home network, the fun begins. This brings you all kinds of options -- you can access Internet apps like Netflix, VUDU, Hulu Plus, Pandora and YouTube for multimedia entertainment. With BD-Live, you can see extras that are included on many Blu-ray discs like a chat with a filmmaker or deleted scenes to enhance your viewing experience. It's DLNA compatible, so you can also share media from other DLNA devices. If you have other media stored on a USB flash drive, you can view or listen to it by plugging the drive into the USB port on the BDX5300.
All of Toshiba's Smart Blu-ray disc players share the same sleek aero design of their LED TVs, so if you pair it with one of these you can achieve a harmonious aesthetic for your home entertainment space.
- Jump into 3D Entertainment
- Discover a whole new dimension of Blu-ray with the Toshiba BDX5300 -- it delivers 3D flicks in 1080p to your HDTV so you can experience the realism and depth of this advanced technology
- Full HD 1080p
- Whether you're watching 2D or 3D entertainment, this disc player is able to take full advantage of the exquisite detail and clarity of the Blu-ray format with support for 1080p resolution at 24 frames per second
- Upconvert Your DVDs
- See your collection of classics on DVD in a whole new light -- the BDX5300 is capable of upconverting your DVDs from 480i to 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 1080p at 24 fps for a crisp, clear, HD-like image from standard-definition discs
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- This Blu-ray player can be connected directly to your home network; then, you can take advantage of additional features like A/V streaming and BD-Live. While some disc players require you to purchase an additional LAN adapter, that's not the case with the BDX330. Just connect it and you're good to go. Wireless connectivity keeps your living room clutter-free, since you won't be adding yet another cable to your setup
- Access to Internet Apps
- Stream movies and TV series from Netflix, VUDU, Hulu Plus or play your personal Internet radio stations from Pandora, or watch the newest video clips or web series from YouTube. You can also access dozens of additional media apps from the VUDU Apps portal -- the possibilities are endless
- Media Share
- The DLNA interface allows a Smart Blu-ray disc player to easily access content from other DLNA-compatible devices. Connecting a Smart Blu-ray disc player to any TV instantly connects that room to the home network, and allows access to all of your stored audio and video content. That means you can grab content from your smartphone, tablet, PC or other DLNA media server devices
- CQ Engine
- A dual-core processor significantly produces a better picture for all your entertainment
- Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD
- The BDX5300 supports next-generation lossless audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel surround sound to complete your home theater experience
- USB Video
- With USB Video, you can enjoy videos, music, photos and more on the big screen right from a USB flash drive
- Enhance your Blu-ray viewing experience by going online to see chats with filmmakers, deleted scenes, short clips and more
- HDMI CEC
- Optimized for easy setup and optimum video playback, this disc player allows you to control everything with just one remote
- Wide Chassis Aero Design
- This Blu-ray disc player shares the Aero family design with Toshiba LED TVs; all models include the silver Aero wing and low-profile design