The N16000V Enterprise NAS Server from Thecus combines the latest Intel Xeon processor and Thecus's software to provide a cost-effective solution that can accommodate a broad spectrum of business and personal storage and computing needs. The Value line merges Thecus's quality standards, innovations and high-value hardware.
The NAS Server is bundled with useful hardware innovations to ensure that your NAS is a solid investment. The system relies on a very recent high-value Intel Xeon E3-1225 3.1 GHz processor. The N16000V Server's multiple PCIe slots benefit from the SAS controller to support current and future cutting-edge disks up to 15000 rpm. The slots also take advantage of USB 3.0 ports that offer speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 and the 10 GBASE-T Ethernet Adapter (optional) that connect to 10 GB Ethernet networks with a regular Ethernet cable (CAT6 with RJ45 plug). With the remaining slots, you have the ability to improve for future and exciting technical improvements of the network industry.
The versatile N16000V has an HDMI output and does not require a computer anymore. It features the 64-bit software as their regular versions. Additionally, in case of a hardware failure it comes with the Thecus HA (High Availability) instant NAS cloning and service recovery software that helps to re-obtain data.
The NAS Server is a smart centralized unit that reduces maintenance costs and diminishes your initial investment. The embedded firmware maximizes the ROI of your Enterprise Server. It also features iSCSI capabilities for dynamic space allocation, Citrix and VMware certifications for virtualized environments and all the common and uncommon RAID levels for data redundancy. It is compatible with all the network protocols and can work with any other server and can be remotely accessed over the Internet. The Thecus module system allows you to add new functions on the fly. The N16000V Server comes with a well-designed Acronis Backup Software that offers professional software backup solution to simplify storage and backup tasks.
- High Availability (HA)
- Your data is now free of access delays. High Availability (HA) actively keeps your data on two separate identical NAS in any situation. If one needs maintenance, the other will activate without as much as a blip in service. In any condition your data always remains safe.
- 10 GB Ethernet Ready
- The NAS Server's 10 GB Ethernet ready fulfills the high-end data center's current and future requirements for high speed, that existing Internet services cannot provide.
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- The USB 3.0 connectivity provides speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0. The USB 3.0 connects digital cameras and smart phones, backs up large external hard drives and extends the capacity of your NAS Server in no time at up to 5 Gbps. The NAS Server's backwards compatibility adds the connectivity for USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
- Acronis True Image
- Acronis's advanced backup software comes with a slick interface, user-friendly design and comprehensive features to keep your data safe. You can back up all your data with one-click protection or you can choose only the most important files.
- Dual DOM
- A Disk On Module (DOM) contains all the critical software of your system. In case of failure, your system firmware will be inaccessible. If a primary DOM fails, the secondary DOM automatically reprograms it with Thecus' unique Dual DOM (OS redundancy) design. This always keeps your data safe and accessible.
- Multiple RAID
- The Thecus NAS is versatile. It creates balance of performance and data protection for multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10,50, 60 and JBOD. In case of a hard drive malfunction, you can change the drive easily with the help of its built-in hot-swap, hot-spare, online RAID migration and expansion, as well as auto-rebuild capabilities.
- Multiple File Systems
- The Thecus NAS Server can handle different types of environments due to its support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4 and XFS. You can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to get the best of each one.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- You can get fast data transfer with the high speed iSCSI and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
- iOS/Android Connectivity
- The ThecusShare and the Thecus Dashboard helps to manage your NAS Server, upload and download or stream data that uses an iOS or Android device on the go. This facilitates access to your data from anywhere.
- Thecus's Rsync functionality gives your NAS server greater flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler and the stability of a Linux-based transfer.
- User Quotas
- You can divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS Server among multiple users. User quotas make storage easy to divvy up and manage disk space, for two or even up to 100 users.
- PCIe Slot
- The Thecus NAS Server is ready for a number of emerging technologies. Its built-in PCIe slot, allows business users to add a 10 GB Ethernet adapter for fast transfer speeds or a USB 3.0 adapter card to get the benefits of next generation connectivity.