The N4100EVO 4 Bay NAS Server from Thecus is a speedy and cost effective 4 bay NAS with an efficient dual-core Cavium CPU that offers quick transfer speeds necessary for large backups and heavy usage.
The N4100EVO NAS is integrated with a Cavium dual-core processor that makes file sharing, web hosting and heavy data backups easy and fast. The two USB 2.0 ports in the N4100EVO facilitate data backup to and from external hard drives and the LCD screen provides convenient administration.
To keep your NAS operating fast and to free the CPU, the N4100EVO features the dedicated XOR engine to ease the load of building RAID. The XOR engine speeds up all RAID 5 computations.
The N4100EVO provides a lot of useful tools that helps you take full advantage of storing and networking data. Its firmware includes support for all the newest advances like the XFS, 3TB HDD, SATAIII HDD, iSCSI and an open source module system. Also, you can now backup and secure your data easily with the powerful Acronis Backup software.
- DLNA-Compliant Media Server
- The N4100EVO NAS is an excellent media server and can easily store libraries of songs, pictures and movies. The DLNA-Compliant Media Server allows you to stream all your multimedia on your TV, stereo or mobile phones.
- Acronis True Image
- The Acronis True Image is Thecus's advanced backup software. It allows you to back up all your data with one-click protection or you can choose only the important files. Acronis has a slick interface, user-friendly design and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
- RAID Accelerator
- RAID 5 is an ideal compromise between safety and speed for 4 bay NAS. However, building or rebuilding RAID can be a difficult process, running into hours thus reducing overall performance of the NAS. The N4100EVO's RAID accelerator has a dedicated chip to build RAID 5 quicker. This saves time and keeps the main CPU available for other tasks.
- Backup of data is very essential and everyone has their specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus's Rsync functionality gives your NAS server greater flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler and the stability of a Linux based transfer.
- Energy Saving
- The power needed to keep your NAS up and running can greatly add to its overall cost. With its scheduled power on / off, you can notify your N4100EVO to turn on only during certain times of the day. Its auto disk spin-down and enhanced power saving design makes it a genuine energy saver.
- The N4100EVO comes with a simple setup wizard to guide you through the entire setup process, which makes installation and configuration easy. The AJAX based user interface facilitates easy and hassle free use of the N4100EVO.