The BT125-A 34x125 Binocular with Fork Mount, Tripod & Metal Case from Vixen Optics is an astronomical observation binocular. With its interchangeable eyepieces and enormous light gathering power, is an undeniably superior set-up for high-powered observations, both celestial and terrestrial. The BT125-A has a pair of 760mm f/6.1 achromatic refractors allowing it to have both wider fields of view with longer eyepieces and a higher maximum useful magnification thanks to its broad 4.9"/125mm objective lenses. And all the while you'll be astounded with the light gathering power that's more than 300x greater than human eyes. Imagine the views of the Milky Way, not to mention the Pleiades and the Moon's Terminator!
The BT125-A has permanently attached 45° prisms, to make for comfortable observing whether you're looking at stars or earthbound objects. It accepts the entire lineup of Vixen Lanthanum & Lanthanum Wide 1.25" eyepieces, both older and "NLV/NLVW" series. This version of the BT125-A comes with two NLV Lanthanum 25mm eyepieces, which yield a generous 50° Apparent Field of View (AFoV) as well as a fork mount, dovetail rail, and the HAL130-GP tripod. Vixen's fork mount attaches directly to the sides of the BT-125A; no swing bracket is required. A friction control system is incorporated into the fork mount so that the altazimuth settings don't wander. A padded metal aluminum case designed to store the eyepieces, optional finderscope and bracket and, of course, the BT 125 Binocular Telescope, provides security and protection when traveling.
For its remarkable depth perception and contrast, there is nothing that beats the ease and comfort of erect image binocular viewing. Expect high quality observing of terrestrial vistas and celestial views alike, in a package which isn't difficult to transport to your favorite dark sky location out beyond. Take a drive to nowhere on a clear, new moon night and be amazed! You might even see a comet.
- Push-fit Visual Back of 31.7mm
- Two NLV 25mm 1.25" eyepieces
- Built-in handle and dovetail used with Vixen mounts
- Accepts 1.25" eyepieces including Vixen's LV & LVW models
- HF2 Altazimuth fork mount can be angled back 45° for less obstruction during zenith viewing
- Twin 760mm f/6.1 achromatic refractor telescopes with 45° incorporated erect image diagonals
- Vixen HAL130-GP full size, stable and sturdy aluminum tripod with adjustable legs from 32" to 51"
- Resolving Power of 0.93 arc seconds, Limiting Magnitude of 12.3 and Light Gathering Power of 319x
- Multicoated optics on at least one lens surface reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image