Even before you turn it on, the sleek lines of the Panasonic Smart Viera 50" Class UT50 Series Full HD 3D Plasma HDTV enhances your environment by simply being a beautiful object. It's when you fire it up, however, that it becomes obvious that the TC-P50UT50 is at the frontier of a flat panel breakthrough which turns traditional passive viewing into a completely interactive experience with a radically immersive element: 3D.
Panasonic uses Active Shutter Progressive 3D technology to create its 3D images. Images recorded in 1920 x 1080 pixels for both the right-eye and the left-eye alternately flash on the screen at high speed. When you view the screen through active-shutter glasses that open and close each lens in sync with the alternating images, you see breathtaking Full HD 3D pictures with stunning power and realism.
Vivid action and color are the key to the TC-P50UT50's design. 2,500 Focused Field Drive technology ensures action with striking clarity while gamers will appreciate the 1,080 lines of moving-picture resolution coupled with Game Mode which optimizes contrast and sharpness and accelerates image processing. And speaking of gaming, downloading games from Viera Connect Market allows you to utilize your tablet or smart phone as a game pad as well as a remote control for browsing the web. And you can do it wirelessly with purchase of the optional WiFi adapter.
If you're short of space, or you just prefer an uncluttered room, you'll appreciate the powerful, built-in 20W AV surround sound system. You can listen to music or view video and photos downloaded from an on-line source or from an SD card or USB drive thanks to the TC-P50UT50's convenient ports. Your TV's wide connectivity also includes 2 HDMI inputs as well as component, composite and optical inputs.
And if you have questions about this incredible entertainment hub, Panasonic has answers. Just press the eHELP button on your included remote control for details as well as FAQs about peripheral devices and operating instructions.
Finally, not only is your TV eco-friendly, thanks to the elimination of mercury and lead, but it's loaded with energy-saving features like auto shut-off and Intelligent Auto Standby that continue to save you money and reduce your carbon footprint long after your purchase. Once you've become enamored of your TV's many features you'll be happy to know that it's going to be around for a long time. The panel is rated for 100,000 hours of use before it shows any signs of age.
- Enjoy the Ultimate 3D Experience Via Active Shutter Progressive 3D Method
- The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the (optional) eyewear open and close in sync with the display, showing separate images to each eye. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives images in 3D. And because this method displays Full 1080p HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, full-HD quality. Optional 3D Eyewear is required for viewing 3D images.
- Crisp, Clear Moving Pictures - 2,500 Focused Field Drive
- This original Panasonic technology detects image movements like the human eye, and optimizes the drive accordingly. By achieving instantaneously powerful light emission rather than finely divided emission, it reduces the afterimages that cause blurring. As a result, fast movement is reproduced with excellent clarity.
- 2D-3D Conversion - Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D
- Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images such as web content, Blu-ray Disc media, photos and movies saved onto SD Memory Cards into 3D images with a high level of precision.
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother - Movie Content with Smooth Playback
- Enjoy naturally flowing 24p films and familiar TV-like quality. When reproducing images from a 24p film source, Viera's 24p cinema smoother function generates smooth, natural-looking images.
- Smartphone Remote - Viera Remote App Support
- The Viera Remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Both tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.
- Game Pad Operation
- Gamepad content for Viera Connect game applications can be enjoyed on the large screen which is perfect for group gaming.
- Browser Linkage - Linking Content Enables Greater Enjoyment
- You can easily display web pages accessed by your smart phone on your Viera TV.
- Media Flick
- Present photos, music and movies that are on your smart phone on your Viera TV.
- Product Support Center - Instant Support When You Need It
- Easy-to-understand frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained via movies. A video guide can be accessed from Viera Connect.
- eHELP - Inside the User's Manual
- No need to search through the user's manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just press the Help button on the remote control to display eHELP.
- Viera Connect
- Viera Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers. It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
- WiFi Ready - Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet Connection
- Purchase of the optional Wireless LAN Adapter makes it easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the WiFi function. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for Viera Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
- DLNA - A Home Network Linking the Entire House
- A DLNA compatible Viera makes network connection a snap. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house.
- Game Mode - Get More Excitement Out of Gaming
- Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. Your TV automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful displayed. Game Mode makes all of the game apps on Viera Connect even more fun to play.
- Media Player - Play Various Types of Formats Easily
- Simply insert an SD memory card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on the large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
- Viera Link - One Remote Controls Them All
- Viera Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the Viera remote. Setup is easy, too. Simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
- Environment-Friendly Panel - Mercury and Lead Free
- Panasonic is committed to making products more friendly to the environment. In line with this commitment, all Viera plasma display panels are free of both lead and mercury. This reduces the impact on the environment years down the road when the TV is recycled or retired from use.
- Long Panel Life - Years of Beautiful Images
- One important way consumers can protect the environment is by choosing high-quality products and taking care of them so they last for a long time. A high-quality Viera HDTV can help. Thanks to a newly designed phosphor process and rear panel process, our plasma panels last for up to 100,000 hours before the brightness decreases by half. That's more than 30 years of viewing eight hours a day.
- Eco Mode - Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving Power
- This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on the TV's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from Viera Tools.
- Auto Shut Down
- This setting automatically turns the power off when there's no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there's no activity for three hours or more.
- Power Save
- This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.
- Power Saving Functions in Viera Link - Ecological and Easy
- Intelligent Auto Standby minimizes the power of each connected device depending on usage to reduce wasted energy.
- C.A.T.S. (Contrast Automatic Tracking System)
- This feature detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.