Even before you turn it on, the crystal frame design of the Panasonic Smart Viera 47" Class ET5 Series LED HDTV enhances your environment by simply being a beautiful object. It's when you fire it up, however, that it becomes obvious that the TC-L47ET5 is at the frontier of a flat panel breakthrough which turns traditional passive viewing into a completely interactive experience with a radically immersive element: 3D.
Panasonic uses a Polarized 3D Method to create its 3D images. Images recorded in 1920 x 1080 pixels for both the right-eye and the left-eye alternately flash on the screen at high speed. When you view the screen through active-shutter glasses that open and close each lens in sync with the alternating images, you see breathtaking Full HD 3D pictures with stunning power and realism. And the good news is that Panasonic includes 4 pair of 3D glasses with your TV so you can share the fun with friends and family.
Vivid color was prioritized in the TC-L47ET5's design from the start. Besides 3D, the IPS panel uses a high-speed drive and 8-phase backlight scanning technology to remove flicker and blur while rendering images with striking clarity. Gamers will appreciate the 1,080 lines of moving-picture resolution coupled with Game Mode which optimizes contrast and sharpness and accelerates image processing. And speaking of gaming, downloading games from Viera Connect Market allows you to utilize your tablet or smart phone as a game pad as well as a remote control for browsing the web. And you can do it wirelessly thanks to the TC-L47ET5 's built-in WiFi.
If you're short of space, or you just prefer an uncluttered room, you'll appreciate the powerful 20W AV surround system. You can listen to music or view video and photos downloaded from an on-line source or from an SD card or USB drive thanks to the TC-L47ET5's convenient ports. Your TV's wide connectivity also includes 4 HDMI inputs as well as component, composite and optical inputs.
And if you have questions about this incredible entertainment hub, Panasonic has answers. Just press the eHELP button on your included remote control for details as well as FAQs about peripheral devices and operating instructions.
Finally, your TC-L47ET5 is loaded with energy-saving features like auto shut-off and Intelligent Auto Standby that continue to save you money and reduce your carbon footprint long after your purchase.
- Polarized 3D Method - Delivering 3D Fun to Your Family
- A polarizing film on the panel's surface displays the left and right images for each of the odd-numbered and even-numbered horizontal scanning lines. When viewed through polarizing eyewear, different images are shown to the left and right eyes, resulting in the perception of 3D images. It's an easy way to view 3D images using light, economical eyewear and great for watching with a group of people.
- 2D-3D Conversion - Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D
- Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images such as web content, Blu-ray Disc media, photos and movies saved onto SD Memory Cards into 3D images with a high level of precision.
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother - Movie Content with Smooth Playback
- Viera gives you naturally flowing 24p images with the look and tonal characteristics of film, and familiar TV-like quality. This mode optimizes the number of frames of 24p images recorded from film sources onto media such as the Blu-ray Disc. Panasonic's advanced source analysis and frame generation deliver smooth, natural, lifelike images.
- Wide Viewing Angle - Brilliant Images from Every Seat
- With Viera's wide 178° viewing angle, you see clear, vibrant images from every seat in the room. The backlight features a wide transmission aperture that enhances contrast between light and dark and improves response to provide smoother motion images.
- High Speed Response Panel
- In addition to the advantageous high-speed response of the IPS Panel, blurring has been thoroughly reduced by a newly developed 8-phase backlight scanning technology. Even scenes with super-fast movement can be viewed with smooth images and no flicker.
- Smartphone Remote - Viera Remote App Support
- The Viera Remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Both tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.
- Game Pad Operation
- Gamepad content for Viera Connect game applications can be enjoyed on the large screen which is perfect for group gaming.
- Browser Linkage - Linking Content Enables Greater Enjoyment
- You can easily display web pages accessed by your smart phone on your Viera TV.
- Media Flick
- Present photos, music and movies that are on your smart phone on your Viera TV.
- Simple Remote Control Changes the Way You Operate
- The remote features easy-to-see characters and an easy-to-understand button layout.
- Product Support Center - Instant Support When You Need It
- Easy-to-understand frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained via movies. A video guide can be accessed from Viera Connect.
- eHELP - Inside the User's Manual
- No need to search through the user's manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just press the Help button on the remote control to display eHELP.
- Viera Connect
- Viera Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers. It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
- Large Screen Web Browsing with Your Family
- The browser supports HTML5 pages, so you can browse the Internet much like you do with a PC. Unlike a PC, though, the large screen allows the whole family or a group of friends to comfortably view a wide variety of content.
- Built-in WiFi - Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet Connection
- It is easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the built-in WiFi function. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for Viera Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
- DLNA - A Home Network Linking the Entire House
- A DLNA compatible Viera makes network connection a snap. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house.
- Game Mode - Get More Excitement Out of Gaming
- Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. Your TV automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful displayed. Game Mode makes all of the game apps on Viera Connect even more fun to play.
- Media Player - Play Various Types of Formats Easily
- Simply insert an SD memory card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on the large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
- Viera Link - One Remote Controls Them All
- Viera Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the Viera remote. Setup is easy, too. Simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
- Environment-Friendly Panel - Mercury and Lead Free
- Panasonic is committed to making products more friendly to the environment. In line with this commitment, all Viera plasma display panels are free of both lead and mercury. This reduces the impact on the environment years down the road when the TV is recycled or retired from use.
- Eco Mode - Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving Power
- This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on the TV's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from Viera Tools.
- Auto Shut Down
- This setting automatically turns the power off when there's no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there's no activity for three hours or more.
- Power Save
- This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.
- Power Saving Functions in Viera Link - Ecological and Easy
- Intelligent Auto Standby minimizes the power of each connected device depending on usage to reduce wasted energy.
- C.A.T.S. (Contrast Automatic Tracking System)
- This feature detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.