The Celestron Amoeba Dual Purpose Digital Microscope is both a traditional microscope for viewing slide specimens and a removable handheld microscope for getting a closer look at large objects. A built-in 1.3Mp digital camera allows for stills and video to be taken of specimens. With the included ULead photo software (for Windows), files can be saved and shared with others. That being said, the microscope allows for plug and play compatibility with both Windows and Mac computers.
The Amoeba has powers of 10x, 60x, and 200x, top and bottom LED illumination, coarse focusing with dual knobs, and a 3.2" diameter plain stage. The microscope comes with 8 prepared slides, 4 blank slides, a tweezers, a needle probe, an eyedropper, and a USB 2.0 cable.
- 10x, 60x, and 200x power
- 1.3Mp built-in digital camera
- Top and bottom LED illumination
- 3.2" / 82mm diameter plain stage
- Coarse focus with dual knobs
- USB 2.0 cable included
- Plug and play with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and most Macs 10.4.6 and newer
- ULead photo software for Windows OS
- Includes 8 prepared slides, 4 blank slides, tweezers, needle probe, and eyedropper