The FR-310 from MXL is a mono video microphone for mounting on a camcorder or DSLR via the hot shoe. As is typical of these types of microphones, sounds from the sides and rear are rejected in favor of sounds that are in front of the camera. The result is a more focused sound.
Three gain settings help adjust the level of sound capture whether from a close-up or long shot, while a bass roll-off switch cuts low-frequency noise. Additionally, the integrated windscreen helps block wind noise. The microphone functions using a single AAA battery.
- Three-position gain switch
- Bass roll-off (high-pass filter)
- Standard hot shoe mount
- Up to 500 hours per AAA battery
- Integrated foam windscreen
- Includes Aluminum flight case