The FastStream SC 8550 4 Port 8 Gbps FC SAS/SATA Storage Controller from ATTO Technology was designed to address demanding performance requirements while providing reliability and data protection for SAS or SATA JBOD storage. ATTO's ADS, DriveAssure latency and disk management technologies ensure optimal performance and minimal latency. You can simply connect a FastStream storage controller between your workstations or server and JBOD storage to instantly create a RAID protected storage area network without the complexity of traditional Fibre Channel SAN solutions.
The controller offers flexible options for storage access that can connect directly to 2 workstations or servers with ATTO Celerity HBA's or add an ATTO FibreConnect switch to provide shared storage connectivity to up to 23 workstations. It is compatible with host based Windows, Linux and OS X Multipathing for improved reliability. You can utilize load balancing to maximize performance across all available Fibre Channel links and Failover to provide a redundant path to storage in the event of an SFP, Cable or other path failure.
The storage controller is an economical solution that delivers data protection for applications in DVA and IT infrastructures including high-definition video post-production, color grading, digital prepress, disk-to-disk backup, audio post, email compliance, data warehousing, data mining and transaction based environments. RAID technology and storage connectivity provides you with RAID protection for all of your critical data.
- Performance Engineered for Real-time Applications
- The controller features latency and disk management technologies that ensure optimal performance and minimal latency. ATTO's Advanced Data Streaming (ADS) Technology manages latency by providing controlled acceleration for smooth data streaming. DriveAssure technology uses proprietary algorithms and user controls to prevent premature drive failures and slow downs. Combined, these technologies give users smooth, uninterrupted access to data with the highest available performance.
- Easy-to-use Management Tools
- ExpressNAV Storage Manager is the easy-to-use remote management user interface for configuration, monitoring and management of storage connected to the FastStream storage controller. It allows streamlined storage management with the tools needed to efficiently manage storage infrastructures. Sophisticated management features include performance tuning and monitoring, diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities and phone home email notification.
- Flexible Connectivity Solutions
- You can simultaneously access disk based RAID Groups and SAS/SATA based tape devices (libraries, drives). The FastStream controller has connection supports ATTO's Multipath Director to provide greater performance and reliability in Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Advanced Data Streaming Technology
- Latency management technology for real-time systems maximizes stream counts by controlling acceleration of data transfers in high-bandwidth work environments.
- DriveAssure Technology
Drive assessment and latency management technology that minimizes the likelihood of RAID Groups becoming prematurely degraded or taken offline due to slow drives ensuring uninterrupted access to media.
- Initialization media scrubbing
- Media scan with parity verification
- Guaranteed latency response time
- Rebuilds continue-on-error
- On-the-fly media error handling
- Data recovery mode
- CacheAssure Technology
- The technology is maintenance-free, battery-less, flash-based cache protection that safeguards against the loss of cached data during a power or system failure.
- The FastStream SC 8550 controller adds high-performance RAID data protection to direct attached SAS and SATA JBOD storage. It is an ideal shared storage solution for IT and digital media workgroup environments such as digital content creation, prepress, high-definition video/audio streaming, rich content databases and web servers.