The ARRI M40 HMI Head is a location work horse. Whenever you need to punch light through a silk or bounce light off a reflective surface, an M40 is the ultimate answer. At the design stage, the interaction of lamp, reflector and converter lens was taken into consideration and computer simulated, resulting in unmatched performance. The M40 can be fitted with a 2,500 or 4,000W single-ended HMI lamp, making it a very versatile lighting fixture.
The M40 uses lensless MAX technology to combine the characteristics of a Fresnel and PAR source. With a focus range of 18 - 52°, normally only achieved with supplementary lenses, the M40 outperforms the brightness of its predecessor, the ARRISUN 40/25 by approximately 30% while throwing an even beam with sharp shadows. Innovations include CCL, which compensates for power loss when using long cables and Cross Cooling which separates the electronics from the lamp housing, thus ensuring greater longevity of the head and lamp.
Structurally, the M40 employs a robust, tubular steel yoke and disc brakes to safely lock down the head when tilting. The head weighs in 6.6 lb lighter than its predecessor due to intelligent design, while it's still able to use all of the ARRISUN 40/25's accessories. Don't worry about moist locations either; the M40 has an IP23 weather-resistant rating.
- The lamphead is equipped with a CCL module (compensation for cable loss). When operated with the ARRI EB 2.5/4 kW ballast with CCL, full power is maintained all the way to the lamp even when very long cables are used. This means uniformly high light output independent from cable length.
- Steel Yoke with two Disc Brakes
- In order to hold even the heaviest accessories safely in place, the M40 sports a tubular steel yoke and two disc brakes. A single, robust steel handle allows one-hand operation for tilting.
- Accessories Reusable
- The M40 has the same accessory diameter as the current ARRISUN 40/25 so that existing barndoors and scrims can be reused.
- Cross Cooling
- Like all True Blue ARRI lampheads, the 40 implements Cross Cooling and thus allows safe operation even at extreme tilt angles. The electronics housing is spaced apart from the actual lamp housing to keep temperatures down and prolong the lifetime of electronic components. It is easy to open and to maintain.
- IP 23
- For outdoor use the M40's IP23-rated weather resistance withstands even driven rain.