Add the BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player from Sony to your living room home entertainment center, and it might become your new favorite room of the house. With support for full HD 1080p resolution, this disc player is capable of delivering vivid, realistic imaging to your HDTV screen. Even your old standby favorites can be upconverted to near-HD picture quality.
As a networked Blu-ray disc player, the BDP-S390 can be connected to your home network easily without any need for an external adapter. Once you're up and running, you'll have access to tons more entertainment right at your fingertips. For starters, this is less of a standard disc player and more like a multimedia powerhouse, beginning with its side gig as a DJ. You probably already have a free Pandora account, and maybe even listen on your computer or smartphone. Now, you can sync your Blu-ray disc player to those custom-tailored radio stations you've already created and enjoy them in the living room streamed onto the disc player. You can also see user-uploaded video clips on YouTube, so you won't miss out on any of the top rated videos of the day.
The fun has just begun -- if you already have a monthly subscription to HuluPlus, you can keep on enjoying its expanded content library that includes full seasons and more episodes of shows already available through Hulu, streamed right to the BDP-S390. Same goes for Netflix; sign into your account to keep up with your favorite TV shows or search from their movie database. This disc player also supports BD Live, which are movie extras included on many Blu-ray discs. These can include Internet chats, scheduled chats with the director, Internet games, featurettes, quizzes, and movie trailers. You can even share what you're watching with friends via Facebook and Twitter.
Chances are you may have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android-based smartphone, or even a Sony tablet. If so, you're in luck -- in addition to running apps, web browsing, text messaging or whatever else you do with your portable devices -- you can download a remote control app specifically for your BDP-S390. It gives you a full keyboard and movie information search capabilities right from your device. Very cool!
The BDP-S390 also supports decoding for lossless audio formats Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD, which are included on many Blu-ray discs. So if you connect it to your A/V receiver you can send up to 7.1 channels of realistic surround sound to your speaker system. That way you can get the full realism and thrill of the theater, right from your very own couch.
With support for DLNA, you can wirelessly access music, videos and photos from your PC or other compatible Android device and stream them right to the BDP-S390. Or, you can connect a USB drive to the easy-access front USB input to enjoy your stored media. If you have Sony Wireless Network speakers, you can wirelessly stream music throughout the house. And if you have other Sony products with BRAVIA Sync, you can control them all with just a single remote. While watching, you can also get detailed information about the movie you're watching and seach across Internet apps like YouTube and Video Unlimited for related entertainment with Gracenote.
Given this new multimedia gateway that will be housed in your living room, you probably want to get started right away. Luckily, this disc player features a quick start and load time so you can do just that.
- The Realism & Detail of Full HD
- Sit back and enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p, which offers some of the most detailed, vivid imagery available. You can even upscale the visual quality of your DVDs to near-HD
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Connect to the Internet through your home wireless broadband network with ease
- Sony Entertainment Network
- Stream a huge selection of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, HuluPlus and more
- Use Your Tablet/Smartphone as a Remote Control
- Download the free Sony Media Remote app to enjoy a full QWERTY keybpard and movie information search capabilities on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone or Sony tablet
- Share Your Media
- Bring your favorite videos, photos, and music to your TV using the front USB input
- Socialize While Watching TV
- Socialize what you watch over Facebook and Twitter
- All Access to Other Devices
- Using DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance), you can wirelessly access music, videos and photos from your PC or other compatible Android devices and stream them to your Blu-ray disc player
- High-Definition Sound
- Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD codecs reproduce high-definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio for uncompromised quality
- Learn More About Your Movies
- Get detailed movie information and search across Internet apps including YouTube and Video for related entertainment with Gracenote
- PartyStreaming Mode
- Wirelessly stream music throughout your home to Sony Wireless Network speakers
- "Throw" Your Music & Photos
- Photos and music from your Sony tablet or other compatible Android device can be "thrown" directly to your Blu-ray disc player for enjoyment on your TV
- BRAVIA Sync
- Operate and control other BRAVIA Sync compatible devices - including BRAVIA HDTVs, Blu-ray disc players, surround sound systems, Handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital still cameras, all with one remote control when connected via HDMI
- Start Watching Right Away
- Quick start and load time lets you enjoy your movies within seconds