The mini KAOSS PAD 2 by Korg is a musical effects processor and mp3 player with serious DJ capabilities. Input your audio via a microSD card or the built-in microphone and then add standard effects like Flanger, Filter, Delay, and Reverb or effects borrowed from the KAOSS Quad Pad like Looper, Vinyl Break, or Ducking Comp. Use the auto-BPM detection, and then play the MKP2 like an instrument by manipulating the touchpad to create complex parameter changes to the effects.
The MKP2 will intuitively add a delay tail to the effects to blend in your changes and you can also hit the hold button to freeze the current parameters once you find that perfect setting. DJs can cross fade between inputs and change pitch via the VALUE slider, or drop cue points on your track to trigger playback. These features allow you to integrate the MKP2 into your DJ rig or you can use it as a standalone mixer. Once you have your ideas down, you can record your performance as a MP3 to the microSD card or as a WAV file to the internal recorder. Use the internal speakers to share with your friends or playback privately using the headphone jack. All of these features are packed into a lightweight unit which is compact enough to fit in your hand or pocket.
- Control FX in Real Time
- You can manipulate the touchpad to create complex changes in FX parameters. The FX Release function adds a delay tail on any effects to help blend the changes into your music and the FX Hold button will freeze the current state of the parameters. When you combine the touchpad, FX Release, and FX Hold features together, you get a unique effects processor which you can play like an instrument of its own.
- MP3 Player with MicroSD slot
- You can also load your own audio into the microSD slot and then manipulate that audio with any of the available effects. You can also save your ideas as a MP3 to the microSD slot, or as a WAV file to the master recorder.
- 100 Effects Programs
- There are 100 diverse programs that ship with the MKP2 including standard effects like Flanger, Filter, Delay, and Reverb, plus programs from the KAOSS Quad Pad.
- 3 Program Slots for Instant Recall
- Store your favorite programs into any of the 3 instant recall slots for quick access during a DJ set or performance.
- Powerful FX Borrowed from the KAOSS Pad Quad
- On top of the standard effects, the MPK2 features programs made popular by the KAOSS Quad Pad. This includes the Powerful Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Compressor.
- Internal Microphone and External Speakers
INPUT: You can record audio on-the-go using the standard built-in speakers on the MCP2, or through the external line input.
OUTPUT:You can then apply any of the 100 programs to the audio and play it back through the built-in speakers or through the headphone jack.
- Pitch Change and Cue Point Settings
- The MKP2 has some serious DJ capabilities including pitch change and cross fade via the VALUE slider, and cue points to mark where you want the track to begin. Use these features to integrate the MKP2 into your DJ rig or use it as a standalone mixer.
- Record Performances
- You can record your ideas as MP3s into the microSD slot or as WAV files to the built-in master recorder. You can then share your tracks to the internet or to any device which accepts microSD cards.
- 6 Preset Audio Demos
- The MKP2 comes preloaded with 6 audio demos to showcase its possibilities. The demos span several genres and include House, HipHop, Electro, Breaks, Dubstep, D&B examples.
- Ergonomic Design
- The mini KAOSS PAD 2 features a comfortably curved body that makes it both stylish and extremely easy to play. The high-contrast OEL (Organic Electroluminescent) display clearly shows the names of the sounds, features, and parameters, and ensures excellent visibility, even in a dimly lit DJ booth or stage. Lightweight and compact, the mini KAOSS PAD 2 is slim enough to fit easily in your hand or pocket. The energy-efficient design allows it to operate everywhere on just two AA batteries.