The RealStrat Fender Stratocaster Virtual Instrument by MusicLab features sample-based guitar modeling, reproducing the Stratocaster sound with a standard MIDI keyboard. Its advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system provides excellent playability, allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with realistic expression.
RealStrat features high-quality, dry samples recorded directly from Stratocaster pick-ups. It covers practically every sound a guitarist makes, including muting, palm muting, harmonics, pinch harmonics, unison bend, strumming, picking, chord chopping, scrapes, and more.
RealStrat is also equipped with a Pattern Manager containing a complete rhythmic library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks. Find the appropriate rhythm pattern in the software, copy it to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer, and use a MIDI keyboard to play chord changes.
- A better sounding virtual guitar
- Multi-channel layering technology, incorporating a library of samples recorded from every fret of all 6 strings on a real guitar.
- Floating Fret Position imitates the change of a guitarist's hand position on the neck. Play up to 140 specifically-sampled frets using just the 46 keys of a standard keyboard.
- Guitar Touch technology lets you easily recreate basic guitar techniques using standard MIDI keyboard and controllers.
- Sound Humanize processing reduces "machine gun" effect on note repetitions, such as tremolo picking and strumming.
- Five performance modes
- MusicLab performance modes add to the realism of the virtual guitar's tone and expression. The five modes are Solo, Harmony, Chords, Bass&Chord, and Bass&Pick.
- Style and sound variables
- Every fret on the guitar is sampled with ten different styles of guitar technique variables, for example, the pick's position between the neck and the bridge.
- RealStrat offers twenty different articulation styles/techniques for every note that's played, so you can perfect your feel and phrasing.
- For psychedelic passages, four different special effects can be applied: volume swell, sustain, feedback, and wah wah.
- Chord detect/construct system
- 1-4 note piano chords can be translated in real-time to 6-voice guitar chords. RealStrat has 2,000 instantly available guitar chord shapes.
- Pattern Manager
- For creating accompaniment tracks quickly, RealStrat has a library of 1,250 rhythm patterns, covering a wide range of music styles. Copy the appropriate rhythmic pattern to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer, and fill in the chord changes with your MIDI keyboard.