The Tube MP/C from ART is a single channel tube preamp with a switchable optical compressor, all housed in a rugged desktop enclosure. Used as a microphone/line preamp or as a DI (direct) box, the unit is designed to work seamlessly with any recording, live sound, or electronic instrument setup. The preamp's active balanced solid-state input delivers extremely low noise and good common mode rejection.
The Hi-Z input prevents the loading of connected devices, perfect for DI or line level applications. The preamp's second stage 12AX7a tube runs on a regulated DC voltage providing an additional 20 dB of gain. The compression circuit features a VCA-less design and utilizes optical electronics coupled with a 12AX7a vacuum tube gain stage.
- Tube-based microphone/line preamplifier with up to 80dB of gain
- Hand-selected 12AX7a tube
- Optical compressor circuitry for transparent dynamic control (no VCA)
- XLR balanced inputs and outputs
- Transformer isolated XLR output
- 1/4" unbalanced inputs and outputs
- Selectable output range for line/instrument interface levels
- LED meters for Tube Warmth, Gain Reduction and Output level
- +48V phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Custom extruded aluminum chassis