The dADB from ART is a dual channel active direct box that acts as two independent, high-quality interfaces for connecting instrument, line, or speaker level signals to balanced inputs. The high impedance 1/4" inputs are buffered by extremely low-noise, active electronics to deliver isolated, balanced, low impedance outputs. A flat and wide frequency response, even at high input levels, makes the unit a virtually transparent DI solution.
Input attenuation switches on each channel allow for attaching a wide range of source signal levels, while independent parallel "Thru" jacks allow for tapping the signal chains. A ground lift switch on each channel allows for totally isolating any two systems by separating the input and output signal grounds, thus reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
Switchable low-pass Bessel filters eliminate high frequency interference, primarily from radio frequencies before they can get into the main system. They also effectively reduce digital noise generated by computers, making the unit an ideal DI solution for laptops, computer workstations and peripherals when used in stereo PA applications.
The dADB can be powered from phantom power or by a 9V battery when external power is not available. Low current draw should provide more than 100 hours of operation with a new battery (alkaline recommended). The compact, black, all-steel case and active design ensure long-term reliability in live sound, permanent/fixed installs, DJ, or virtually any PA application.
- Fully active design
- Operates on phantom power or 9V battery (not included)
- Converts high-impedance balanced/unbalanced inputs into 600Ω balanced outputs
- Switchable input attenuation (0, -20, -40dB)
- Independently switchable low-pass filter on each channel
- Independently switchable phase invert on each channel
- Independently switchable ground lift on each channel
- 1/4" TRS connector inputs and thru connections
- XLR connectors for balanced outputs
- Rugged steel case