The 60 GB Mercury Electra 3G Solid State Drive from Other World Computing is a 2.5" (63.49mm) Serial-ATA 0.374" (9.5mm) that is equipped with a SandForce 2181 Series Processor and DuraClass technology. It offers sustained reads up to 285 Mbps and writes up to 275 Mbps. In addition to RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology, the Solid State Drive comes with ECC protection that protects the data on your hard drive and retains it for a long time on the hard drive. The Mercury Electra Solid State Drive features Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling, which automatically distributes the data evenly over the hard drive. It has an Intelligent Read Disturb Management feature, which spreads active read or write across the flash components, eliminating data corruption.
Intelligent Recycling ensures space management by re-writing the data over the Solid State Drive and DuraWrite extends the quality of the hard drive. The SSD has no moving parts and a highly rugged storage solution offers a fast system response. It supports 60 GB useable capacity with a total flash memory of 64 GB and additionally 4 GB space is allocated for real time data redundancy and error correction. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
- The size of the SSD has a 2.5" (63.49mm) form factor, 0.374" (9.5mm) height with a 60 GB storage capacity, making it suitable for notebooks and portable devices
- It comes with a SandForce 2181 Series Processor and DuraClass technology
- The Solid State Drive has sustained reads up to 285 Mbps and writes up to 275 Mbps
- It features DuraWrite, which extends the endurance of your drive
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology and ECC protection protect the data on your hard drive, similar to having a RAID setup
- Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling system allocates data over the hard drive in a consistent pattern
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management extends the active read/write of the Solid State Drive across flash components, thus eliminating data corruption
- The Intelligent Recycling feature, re-writes data across the SSD over time and ensures that the data never gets corrupted
- The drive has no moving parts, resulting in a quiet and highly rugged storage solution that offers instantaneous system response
- It has 7% additional storage capacity (over provisioning)
- Supports a total flash memory of 64 GB and additionally 4 GB space is allocated for real time data redundancy and error correction