The Samsung NX mount Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC Lens is a prime standard-angle lens designed for APS-C sized sensors. Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 52.5mm, this lens is well-suited to working in a variety of situations ranging from landscape to portraiture. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is further beneficial to working in low-light conditions and for greater control over selective focus and shallow depth of field effects.
Two high refractive index elements and one aspherical element have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to produce sharper images. A UMC coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery.
- Standard-length, 52.5mm equivalent prime lens provides a similar field of view to normal vision, making it well-suited to use in everyday situations.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- Two high refractive index elements and one aspherical element reduce chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
- Eight rounded aperture blades help to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field imagery.