The Recharge Smart Charger with Four AA NiMH Batteries from Energizer is a very convenient unit to keep in the studio or at home. It can handle two or four AA or AAA Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries, charging them in 5.5 to 8.0 hours. If you need to know whether a battery is old, nearly charged, or empty, the Smart Charger can visually provide all of the information you need at a glance.
When paired with Energizer Recharge AA and AAA batteries they can last 4x longer than alkaline batteries, hold their charge up to six full months, and can be charged hundreds of times. They provide high power per charge for use in power-hungry devices. And, as they are usable in devices like digital cameras, remote controls, and peripherals, they are ready when you are.
Note! Only charge Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries, and immediately remove any bad batteries that are detected and displayed via the indicator. This is also not an instant battery tester as it may take up to 30 minutes to display calibrated fuel levels.
- The large visual display has been designed so that it can be viewed from across the room.
- An integrated countdown timer shows how much time remains until the two or four batteries are charged, while the Battery Fuel Gauge shows the charge status.
- A Bad Battery Alert mechanism detects, alerts, and shuts down charging when any non-NiMH or old NiMH battery is inserted.
- It charges two or four AA or AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries at one time, and it is advised that when charging only two batteries they be placed in charging bays next to each other.
- The batteries are charged at a safe, steady rate which improves the long-term health of the NiMH battery, and is Energy Star certified.