The Rane HAL1 Programmable DSP Audio Distribution Multiprocessor allows you to easily create an extensive, far-reaching network of audio and paging zones. It has 9600 MIPS of processing power, and includes its own Halogen control software for Windows, which assists in everything from dynamic signal routing to cable testing.
The HAL1 has 8 onboard analog inputs and outputs, but it can serve as the brains to an audio network expanding up to 80 inputs and 48 outputs. In addition to its Euroblock analog connectors, HAL1 has four Remote Audio Device (RAD) ports and an Expansion Bus with support for up to four EXP1 Expansion Units. Each EXP1 adds 8 RAD ports.
Rane's Remote Audio Devices (RADs) contain inputs with built-in A/D conversion and outputs with built-in D/A conversion. They can be displaced up to 500 feet (152.4 m) from HAL1, sending 48kHz/24-bit digital audio back and forth over CAT 5e connections. RADs are available in over 20 different combinations of input/output connectors.
Rane's DR-series wallmount remote controls can toggle parameters from within each output zone, such as volume, DSP presets, input source, and system states. The HAL1 supports up to 12 DRs, but has dedicated inputs for 8. The remotes connect by CAT 5e cables at lengths up to 1,000 feet (304.8 m).
The Halogen software enables complete control of all components networked to the HAL1 from an Ethernet-connected Windows-based PC. It's indispensible in designing, configuring, and dynamically controlling your HAL audio system. It splits your workflow into two sections, hardware and processing. The hardware workspace allows you to see all connected devices, specify them, and troubleshoot. The processing workspace is where all the virtual patching, DSP effects processing, preset design/recall, zone link, and room combination settings take place. The HAL1 can also support external control systems, such as AMX, Crestron, and Stardraw.
- Powerful DSP processing to support enormous expansion possibilities
- 9600 MIPS of processing power will manage up to 80 inputs / 48 outputs.
- Connect a Windows PC for complete control with Halogen
- The Halogen software can control the full network of components attached to the HAL1. Create, change, and save virtual routing systems and the full range of DSP settings. Automatically senses connected devices and tests for optimal connection strength.
- Maximum flexibility
- Zones can be easily programmed or preset to combine when different room configurations need to be accommodated.
- Support for external control systems
- AMX, Crestron, and Stardraw are all supported with downloadable guides to getting started.
- Spread your inputs/outputs far and wide
- Rane Remote Audio Devices (RADs) can be wired by CAT 5e cable up to 500 feet (152.4 m) away from HAL1. DR-Series remote controls can be wallmounted in output zones at distances up to 1,000 feet (304.8 m).