The Telefunken ELA M 251 Classic Tube Microphone Stereo Set is a matched stereo pair of Telefunken ELA M 251 tube condenser microphones. The ELA M 251 is regarded as one of the most essential microphones in recording, and is sought after by leading industry professionals, recording studios and artists. The ELA M 251 sits in line with Telefunken's history of quality professional microphones, and its lineage can be traced back to the original Neumann U-47 microphone produced in 1947 (distributed by Telefunken).
The ELA M 251 with the Telefunken AC701 tube, which is soldered into circuit, can be found in countless recordings throughout history. The mic's capsule houses the famous CK12 1" dual sided gold sputtered diaphragm, and the switchable cardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8 polar patterns are accessible on the microphone itself).
The ELA M 251 stereo set will allow recording engineers a variety of stereo recording techniques, including X/Y coincidental pairs when utilizing the mics in their cardioid patterns, or A/B spaced pairs while using the mics in either cardioid or omni. Designed for convenience, the set comes with a dual microphone capable power supply included. Each component is hand selected and matched to allow for as close of a match between the two microphones in each system as possible. Capsules are tuned to each other, and transformers and tubes are tested for matched gain and frequency response.
- Stereo pair with each component hand selected to allow for as close of a match between the two microphones in each set as possible
- The Telefunken ELA M 251 features the Telefunken AC701 tube which is soldered into circuit
- Cardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8 patterns
- Custom dual power supply powers both mics at once
- The famous 1" CK12 gold sputtered diaphragm reproduces audio in pristine detail
- Locking flight case that will carry both sets of microphones, cables, wooden boxes, and the dual power supply