The Telefunken U48 Dual Pattern Tube Microphone Stereo Set is a matched stereo pair of Telefunken U48 condenser microphones. Its cardioid and figure 8 polar patterns make it well suited for single and group vocal recordings, as well as instrument capturing. The famous M7 capsule features pristine tonal response and high SPL, and is coupled with Telefunken's BV8 output transformer and VF14K vacuum tube. The VF14K tube is Telefunken's first plug-and-play design.
The U48 has been sought after by leading recording professionals for capturing both vocals and instruments. With the U48 stereo set you have the ability to run X/Y, M/S, or Bluemlein microphone techniques. Designed for convenience, the set comes with a dual microphone capable power supply included. Each component is hand selected to allow for as close of a match between the two microphones in each system as possible. Capsules are tuned to each other, and transformers and tubes are tested for matched gain and frequency response.
- Cardioid and figure 8 polar patterns
- The head assembly from a U47 can be fitted to a U48 amplifier
- The large, chrome head grille houses the newly manufactured M7 capsule
- BV8 output transformer and VF-14k vacuum tube
- Custom dual power supply powers both mics at once
- Locking flight case that will carry both sets of microphones, cables, wooden boxes, and the dual power supply