The 2247-N8 Wireless DSL Modem from Motorola combines an ADSL2+ modem, four port Ethernet switch, and 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi radio together--becoming an excellent networking option for residential users to connect from anywhere in their home. It allows you to create a customized network in order to share a single ultra-broadband connection, digital files, and networked peripherals all using wired or wireless Wi-Fi connectivity.
With this full-featured gateway, achieving high-speed Internet connectivity is just the beginning: it features support for Wi-Fi Multi-media (WMM) assures advanced QoS for Wi-Fi delivery of Voice-over-IP (VoIP), IPTV, and streaming broadcast-quality video. Utilizing four 10 / 100 Ethernet ports, the 2247-N8 can easily be used to set up a home network in order to share a printer, data, music, and video files around the house with other devices.
The 2247-N8 features 3-D Reach Express 802.11g/b/n Wi-Fi, while the use of MIMO (multiple-input and multiple-output) technology with 802.11n eliminates the need for wires altogether--enabling users to easily and wirelessly network all of their 802.11 b/g/n equipped devices. The 2247-N8 with 802.11n enables users to maximize the high-bandwidth potential of their home or business network.
- User Friendly Installation
- The Motorola Wi-Fi installation wizard is ideal for consumers who want a gateway that is simple to set up--protecting their PC and other networked devices from security threats
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- WPS is a certification program from the Wi-Fi Alliance that is designed to ease the task of setting up and configuring Wi-Fi Security. WPS enables typical users--who possess little understanding of traditional Wi-Fi configuration and security settings--to automatically configure new Wi-Fi networks, add new devices, and enable security
- Reliable Service
- By combining high-performance and low cost of ownership, with comprehensive remote management, high-reliability, advanced security, easy-to-use Wi-Fi installation and pairing tools, the 2247-N8 helps service providers monetize broadband networks--all while improving efficiency and reducing costs
- Reduced Environmental Impact
- To improve the environmental impact of their products, Motorola runs their operations in a safe and energy efficient manner--helping customers to be greener when they shop for and use their products. Motorola is working to reduce power consumption of their devices, thereby reducing the carbon footprint of those who use them. They are focused on energy efficiency, lead-free manufacturing, as well as packaging and recycling enhancements