The Conquest 10x42 HD Binocular from Zeiss has a higher magnification that allows concentrating on a more focused subject for greater detail. The golden-mean objective size provides sufficient light gathering ability for the twilight zones of dust and dawn without the added bulk of an oversized objective. Watersports and rainy days won't leave this item in the car or backpack. It is waterproof to 13' and nitrogen filled to provide fogproofing and inhibit any condensation build-up.
Zeiss high quality optics plays a major role in the superiority of this binocular. Multi-layer coating reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrasted image and light transmission of up to 90%. HD (High Definition) glass reduces the chromatic aberration that appears as unwanted "fringes" of color between dark and bright parts of an image. The LotuTec coating protects the lenses from dust and water. Rain just slides right off the exposed glass.
A large center focusing knob is easily accessible in all kinds of weather. The twist-up eyecups feature is a comfort for eye and sunglass wearers and the dioptric adjustment ring allows for individual eye differences. The close focus of an up-front 6.6'/2m means being able to catch the detail in that fluttery butterfly's wing before it disappears into thin air.
- AAoV of 52.8°
- HD, high density lens system provides clear and neutral colors
- Large focusing wheel and twist-up eyecups add user-friendly functionality
- Nitrogen purged provides fogproof and waterproof protection to 400 mbar or 13'/4m
- Durable aluminum construction with a compact 6.1" contribute to its lightweight 1.6 lbs
- Twilight factor of 20.5 and a functional temperature range of -22 to 140°F / -30 to 60°C
- Multi-layer coating provides up to more than 90% light transmission for good twilight performance
- Schmidt Pechan roof prisms work as an image erecting system and allow for a more compact housing architecture
- LotuTec protective coating furnishes a clearer view in any weather and makes the optics easier to clean. The water just beads up and rolls off the lens