LG's BP520 3D-Capable Blu-ray Player is a great way to take advantage of the ultra-high resolution available on HDTVs, since it offers full HD 1080p resolution. With support for both 2D and 3D Blu-ray discs, you can enjoy all the latest Hollywood flicks from the comfort of your couch. And when you pop in a DVD, you can see it in near-HD quality since the player allows upscaling to full HD 1080p.
You can also download an app to your iOS/Android smart phone that allows you to cut out the old standby remote -- just kick back and use your phone to control your media rather than searching around on the coffee table for the controller.
Many Blu-ray players and TVs are now able to connect to the Internet, and this one is no exception. It's Wi-Fi ready, so it can connect to the Internet wirelessly when you purchase a Wi-Fi dongle. Or if you prefer, it also has an Ethernet port for a wired connection. But once it's on your network, you'll have even more choices for what to watch. This player supports LG's Smart TV platform, so you can access paid and free apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora and more.
An essential element to any home theater experience is the sound -- and the BP520 supports advanced audio formats like Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. Using the front panel USB port, you can also display photos and enjoy media and music stored on a USB flash drive. One more handy feature of the LG BP520 Blu-ray Disc Player is that if you have other LG devices, you'll be able to control them all with a single remote. So for convenience, high-performance and networked options, this disc player certainly delivers.
- 2D and 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback
- Enjoy all the latest movies with the extreme realism of full HD 1080p resolution
- Full HD 1080p Upscaling
- By now you're probably used to the high definition imaging of full HD, and it's hard to go back to standard definition DVDs afterward. Luckily, the BP520 can upscale your old standby DVD favorites to full HD 1080p as long as you're using the HDMI output, and you have a full HD 1080p TV
- LG Smart TV
- The LG Smart TV experience is the next generation of entertainment organized in a simple interface -- it's an intuitive way to access a plethora of content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, and videos right at your fingertips
- Wi-Fi Ready
- Going online is easy; Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to take advantage of Internet Entertainment Access from any available Wi-Fi connection, anywhere within range. To get started, you'll need to purchase the required Wi-Fi dongle. Since it supports a wireless connection, this should allow your living room to stay neat and tidy, without any messy cables in the way
- BD-Live and BONUSVIEW
- Once this player is connected to the Internet, it can access extras that are included on some Blu-ray discs. These can include featurettes, interactive quizzes, filmmakers chats and more. Plus, it supports BONUSVIEW for picture-in-picture functionality
- Enveloping Surround Sound
- Blu-ray discs, HD broadcast, and streamed/downloaded media often contain audio in the Dolby Digital Plus format. This player supports this format, with up to 7.1 channels of premium quality surround sound. It also supports DTS-HD Master Audio, which transforms your entertainment experience bringing movies, music, and gaming to life
- USB Media Host
- The integrated USB 2.0 port on the front panel allows you to view family photos, watch videos and listen to music from USB storage devices. You can also can record one or all tracks from an audio CD to a USB storage device (128/192/320 kbps). Or, if you have a HDD you can connect it to the USB port to enjoy your stored media
- SimpLink Connectivity
- With SimpLink you can set up and control all of your HDMI-connected LG devices with a single remote