Teradek's Bond Plus Cube-150 Encoder with MPEG-TS License enables you to wirelessly stream up to five identical HD signals simultaneously, and to recombine them all into one signal again. Where a Cube Encoder alone can only send one stream to a Decoder, Bond can take five optional USB modem inputs and stream a signal through each. Each modem can be from a different carrier so that if one drops a signal, the rest (or at least one) will surely and safely deliver your content. On the receiving end, a Teradek software called Sputnik will recombine all of the five streams into one. Sputnik is a free software that you would need to download from Teradek.com and configure. A Teradek Cube Decoder is also required in the setup. The Decoder is sold separately. A compatible one is the Cube-355.
Bond works in conjunction with the included Encoder and can't function without one. The Encoder comes with an MPEG-TS license already installed. MPEG-TS ("Transport Stream") allows you to stream video through the internet by MPEG.
- Bond: Stream Over Multiple Cellular Networks
Bond enables streaming 1080p HD video over five 3G/4G cellular modems from carriers worldwide. Bond aggregates bandwidth from several cellular connections simultaneously and uses them in parallel to create a single, higher capacity connection for broadcasting over the Internet. Whether you are streaming directly to the Web or feeding content back to the control room, Bond can transmit video to nearly any platform.
Bond can also transmit your content directly back to your station while letting you monitor your live feed on your iOS device. Bond's revolutionary Adaptive Internet Streaming technology constantly adjusts the video bit rate in real-time to adapt to varying network conditions. This will ensure that your content is delivered reliably and at the highest quality possible to its destination.
- Sputnik: MPEG-TS Compliant Aggregation Software
- Sputnik is Teradek's software interface between Bond and your streaming destination. Sputnik is designed to run on a Linux computer either in the cloud (using Amazon's EC2 services) or on a local server with a single, publicly addressable TCP port. Sputnik recombines the various video feeds from Bond into a cohesive stream that can then be sent to an H.264 decoder or played back online. You can download Sputnik for free at Teradek.com but you must configure it after the download.
- List of Approved Modems
- AT&T: USBConnect Momentum 4G (Sierra Wireless Aircard 313U)
- T-Mobile: Jet 2.0 (Huawei e366)
- Telstra: BigPond Ultimate (Sierra Wireless Aircard 312U)
- Telstra: BigPond 4G (Sierra Wireless Aircard 313U)
- Verizon: Pantech UML290
- Vodafone: K3805-Z, K5005 (Huawei e398)