The P8Z68-V PRO / Gen. 3 Motherboard from ASUS is an ATX form factor motherboard for the Intel Socket 1155 for 2nd Generation Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors. It includes the LGA1155 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 2.0 lanes.
The motherboard supports a max of 32GB, DDR3 2200 (O.C.) / 2133 (O.C.) / 1866 (O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 / 1066MHz Non-ECC, unbuffered memory dual channel memory architecture.
With its fast user-friendly interface, the ASUS AI Suite II consolidates all the exclusive ASUS features into one simple to use software package. This all-in-one software offers diverse and ease to use functions, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities. It allows you to supervise overclocking, energy management, fan speed control, voltage and sensor readings.
ASUS includes strategic USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panels (4 USB 3.0 ports in total). Experience the latest plug-and-play connectivity at speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. The P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 affords greater convenience with high speed connectivity.
- USB 3.0 Boost
Faster USB 3.0 transmission with UASP
New ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), the latest USB 3.0 standard. With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device's transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to an already impressive fast USB 3.0 transfer speed. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any user interaction
- PCI Express 3.0
- PCI Express 3.0 (PCIe 3.0) is the latest PCI Express bus standard with improved encoding schemes that provide twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. Total bandwidth for a x16 link reaches a maximum of 32GBps, double the 16GBps of PCIe 2.0 (in x16 mode). As such, PCIe 3.0 provides users unprecedented data speeds, combined with the convenience and seamless transition offered by complete backward compatibility with PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0 devices. PCIe 3.0 will become a must-have feature for users who wish to improve and optimize graphic performance, as well as have the latest technology available to them
- UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode)
- Exclusive to ASUS motherboards, its UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is the first ever mouse controlled graphical BIOS interface designed with dual selectable modes. It delivers a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard only BIOS controls to enable more flexible and convenient input with quick scrolling. Users can easily navigate the UEFI BIOS with the smoothness of their operating system. Quick and simple overclocking and setup sharing is facilitated by the F12 hotkey BIOS snapshot feature. The exclusive EZ mode displays frequently accessed setup info, while the advanced mode is for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricate system control, including detailed DRAM information
- Supports Hard Drives over 2.2TB
- ASUS UEFI BIOS natively supports hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit, with full storage space utilization helping deliver far more exciting computing than traditional BIOS versions
- Exclusive ASUS Interface
EZ mode: Gives easy access to selectable, optimized system modes, clear system info display and drag and drop boot prioritizing.
Advanced mode: For experienced performance enthusiasts that demand intricate system settings
- LucidLogix Virtu
Universal switchable graphics technology
LucidLogix Virtu is designed for the Intel Sandy Bridge platform's powerful integrated graphics. Its GPU virtualization dynamically assigns tasks to the best available graphics resources based on power, performance and system load on Windows 7 based PCs. It allows users to fully utilize the unique capabilities of advanced Sandy Bridge multimedia features alongside the high end 3D rendering performance provided by installed graphics cards. When no discrete graphics are needed, the graphics card is put in idle mode to lower utilization, heat, fan speed and power draw down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly. For users with diverse needs, LucidLogix Virtu GPU virtualization provides great flexibility and efficiency
- Universal Switchable Graphics
- LucidLogix Virtu's GPU virtualization technology assigns tasks to the best available GPU, allowing dynamic graphics switching between integrated graphics and Nvidia or AMD graphics cards
- 3X Faster Video Conversion
- With switchable graphics, all ASUS P8Z68 Series motherboards leverage the transcoding power of Sandy Bridge, allowing users to enjoy three times faster video conversion with Intel quick sync video technology
- Intel Smart Response Technology
SSD speed with HDD capacity
Intel Smart Response Technology boosts overall system performance. It uses an installed fast SSD (Min. 18.6GB available capacity) as a cache for frequently accessed data. Harness the combination of SSD-like performance and response with hard drive capacity, that's 4X faster than a HDD-only system
- Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM
Digital power design: The new standard
The world's first Dual intelligent processors from ASUS pioneered the use of two onboard chips - EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and TPU (TurboV Processing Unit). The new generation of dual intelligent processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM provides precise Vcore PWM, integrated graphics voltages and frequency module adjustments with minimal power loss through BIOS tuning and an exclusive user interface to increase the board's overclocking range while performance reaches its full potential. ASUS DIGI+ VRM digital power design empowers users with superior flexibility and perfect precision to ensure optimized performance, extreme system stability and greater power efficiency
- DIGI+ VRM
Herald the arrival of a new digital power design era
VRM, or voltage regulator modules, are considered among the most essential motherboard design components. They supply the voltage demanded by the CPU, and a good VRM must intelligently detect actual CPU power draw to provide precise power accordingly. ASUS DIGI+ VRM is an innovative, industry-leading technology that fully integrates Intel VRD12 specifications on a native level, greatly enhancing power to go far beyond the limits of analog designs
- Advantages of ASUS DIGI+ VRM Digital Power Design
Unlike previous VRD versions, Intel VRD12 uses digital signals (SVID). To ensure perfect power delivery, ASUS specially designed DIGI+ VRM to sync completely with this new technology.
Faster sensing and response: ASUS DIGI+ VRM acts as a digital controller to perfectly match digital power signal (SVID) requests from the CPU, eliminating digital-to-analog conversion lag.
Better cooling: exclusive dual driver and MOS design doubles the heat dissipation area with expanded cooling surfaces for improved thermal performance. Spacing components out over a wider area speeds up cooling to enhance reliability and stability.
2X CPU power supply: the same exclusive dual driver and MOS design also provides twice the CPU power supply with two complete power stages. This results in far greater phase load tolerances, so the CPU never has to wait for power to arrive, increasing performance and overclocking potential
- Active Cooling for Extreme Durability- Super Cool VRM
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM delivers intelligent power management to balance loadings for each power phase by detecting VRM temperatures to ensure longer component lifespan and better cooling
- TPU-The Ultimate Turbo Processor
- Unleash your performance with ASUS' simple onboard switch or AI Suite II utility. The TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through auto tuning , GPU Boost and TurboV functions. Auto tuning offers a user friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations
- EPU-Energy Efficiency All Around
- Tap into the world's first real time PC power saving chip through a simple onboard switch or AI Suite II utility. Get total system-wide energy optimization by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity
- GPU Boost
Go to the limit with iGPU level up
GPU Boost accelerates the integrated GPU for extreme graphics performance. The user-friendly interface facilitates flexible frequency adjustments. It easily delivers stable system-level upgrades for every use
- BT GO-Diverse BT Enjoyment, New Technology Lifestyle
- Onboard Bluetooth wireless design enables smart connectivity to Bluetooth devices with no additional adapter. ASUS BT GO comes with seven special functions that offer a significant breakthrough in Bluetooth evolution, including folder sync, BT transfer, BT turbo remote, BT-to-Net, music player, shot and send and personal manager. All are accessible through the exclusive, user-friendly ASUS interface
- Complete USB 3.0 Integration
Double USB access, Double convenience
ASUS facilitates strategic USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panels - 4 USB 3.0 ports in total. Experience the latest plug-and-play connectivity at speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. The P8Z68-V Pro / Gen.3 affords greater convenience with high speed connectivity
- Extra SATA 6Gbps Supports
Extra ports, Extra speed and accessibility
The Intel Z68 Express chipset natively supports the next generation Serial ATA (SATA) interface, delivering up to 6Gbps data transfers. ASUS provides extra SATA 6Gbps ports with enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval and double the bandwidth of current bus systems
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC delivers exceptional 5.1 surround experience through the most common PC audio setups - your existing stereo speakers or headphones. In addition to virtual surround, bass enhancement provides stronger low frequency bass sound, and voice clarification provides clear human dialogue even with loud background sound. With these technologies, you may experience a better home theater audio with ease
- Intel LAN Support
- P8Z68-V Pro / Gen.3 features Intel Gigabit LAN which complies with 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard and reduces power consumption during normal operation and enhances faster transfer speed through dual interconnection between the integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
- LGA1155 Socket
- This motherboard supports the latest Intel 2nd generation Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors in the LGA1155 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 2.0 lanes. This provides great graphics performance. Intel 2nd generation Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors are among the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world
- Intel Z68 Express Chipset
- The Intel Z68 Express chipset is a single chipset design to support socket 1155 Intel second generation Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z68 chipset provides 2 SATA 6Gbps and 4 SATA 3Gbps ports for faster data retrieval at double the bandwidth of current bus systems. Moreover, Intel Z68 Express chipset also supports iGPU function, letting users enjoy the latest Intel integrated graphic performance
- GreenASUS and ErP Ready
- The motherboard is European Union´s Energy-related Products (ErP) ready, and ErP requires products to meet certain energy efficiency requirements in regards to energy consumptions. This is in line with ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and energy-efficient products through product design and innovation to reduce carbon footprint of the product and thus mitigate environmental impacts
- Other ASUS Features
Auto tuning: Achieve extreme yet stable overclocking results automatically.
TurboV: Adjust system performance parameters with just a few clicks away.
AI Suite II: One-stop access to innovative ASUS features.
HDMI: Enjoy full HD 1080p multimedia home theater entertainment.
Fan Xpert: Built-in variety of useful profiles offer flexible controls of fan speed to achieve a quiet and cool environment.
Fanless heatsink design: Stylish heatsink features 0-dB thermal solution that offers a noiseless PC environment.
Q-Design: ASUS Q-Design enhances your DIY experience.
MemOK: Any memory is A-OK