The Sony STR-DH830 7.1-Channel 3D AV Receiver affords both high performance and superb value. This powerful receiver supports 3D content and advanced A/V processing, multiple connections and a power rating of 140 watts per channel -- that means you can fill the living room with a total of 980 watts of awesome audio power to bring your movies, music and video games to life. Plus, it comes with a dock for your iPod or iPhone that will even charge as it's playing (but check the specs to see if yours is on the list!)
With seven HD connections including five HDMI and two component video, you should be good to go. That means you can connect a Blu-ray player and gaming console, and still have three HDMI inputs left for other devices. It offers support for 3D content over HDMI (up to 1080p) for wraparound, immersive video. You can even get better imaging from analog devices that are connected to the STR-DH830 because it can convert it to a digital signal and output them via HDMI. Since they'll be connected with a single cable for audio and video, that's less clutter around your entertainment space, too.
Another way you can maximize your entertainment value is HD Digital Cinema Sound, which optimizes the receiver to mimic the sound of movie theaters. It has a Front Height mode to enable vocal height and 3D effects to put you right into the action of your movies or music. Of course, Sony has made navigation easy with an on-screen graphical user interface; you can change inputs, adjust settings and confirm volume levels on-screen.
This receiver supports decoding for all the latest audio formats found on Blu-ray discs like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and Pro Logic IIz. It also comes with a sophisticated auto speaker setup, which employs a microphone to calibrate the sound for your living room. It's just another way to ensure your sound is the best it can be to round out your cinema-like experience. This receiver also supports Audio Return Channel, standby pass-through of audio and video, and has assignable digital audio and video inputs.
But that's not all -- if you have other Sony BRAVIA-enabled devices, you can operate them all along with your STR-DH830 receiver. That's one less remote that could just end up getting stuck between the couch cushions never to be found again. Clearly, Sony made the STR-DH830 for value-driven home theater enthusiasts everywhere.
- iPod/iPhone Music and Video Playback With Included Dock
- Listen to music and watch videos stored on your iPod or iPhone while it charges in the provided dock
- Five HDMI and Two Component Inputs
- The STR-DH830 offers versatile HD connection options with seven high definition inputs. Five HDMI inputs (up to 1080/24p capable) let you connect Sony devices like a PlayStation 3 entertainment system, Blu-ray Disc player, or any other HDMI-capable devices for high definition video and audio. Two component inputs (1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable connectivity and versatility
- Upconvert/Upscale Video to Near-HD via HDMI
- Improve image quality of analog connected devices to near-HD. Analog connected device signals are converted to digital and output via HDMI, making one cable connection from the receiver to the HDMI-enabled TV possible
- HD Digital Cinema Sound and Front High Speakers
- Optimize your receiver to mimic the sound characteristics of movie theaters. Front Height mode enables coval height and 3D effects for better positioning of effects giving added depth to visuals and concerts
- On-Screen Graphical User Interface
- Set up, control the AV receiver, and browse your iPod or iPhone music using the intuitive on-screen GUI. Change inputs, adjust settings and confirm volume levels on-screen
- 3D Pass-Through
- Compatible with Blu-ray movies, video games and other 3D content
- Advanced Blu-ray Disc Audio Decoding
- Experience sound closer to the way it was captured with LPCM, Dolby TrueHD, Pro Logic IIz and DTS-HD Master Audio codecs
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration
- Achieve the best sound experience with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration -- you'll just need to place the microphone where you're going to be seated and settings are automatically optimized based on the distance, delays and placement of your speakers
- Standby Pass Through of Audio and Video
- This feature allows you to access all of your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver. So even when it's not on, you can take advantage of streamlined control over your devices
- Audio Return Channel
- Eliminate the need for extra cables connected to your TV. This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV
- Assignable Digital Audio and Video Inputs
- Get the most out of each audio and video input with the ability to reassign inputs to support connected devices
- 24p True Cinema (Pass-Through)
- Watch Blu-ray Disc movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc player or PlayStation 3 gaming console via HDMI cable
- BRAVIA Sync Capable
- Conveniently operate and control select Sony BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA HDTVs, Sony home theater products