The black 5.220 Lens Case from Beta Shell is a unique entry to the world of lens cases. It provides you with a durable way to protect your optic while traveling or out in rough weather. It has been heavily tested to be water-proof to 16.4' and also withstand severe weather conditions. The shell itself is made from rigid and shock-resistant ABS plastic. Inside, you'll find 1.5" thick polyurethane memory foam at the bottom that is used to hold the lens in place once inserted into the case. This foam is soft, strong and extremely resistant to losing its shape. Also included with the package is silica gel for additional moisture protection.
Your lens is placed element down with the back end facing upwards. The twist lid is then placed over the case and sealed with an internal O-Ring. Once closed, to make sure your lens is seated properly, shake the case. If you feel the lens move around, re-open it and reset the lens making sure it does not move around once closed. For added convenience, if your lens is a bit smaller than the case, Beta includes a foam spacer disk to make up the volume difference. The Beta Shell opens and closes much like any twist top bottle but you will notice the outside of the lid displays machined icons to indicate the proper directions for opening and closing the case. The lid is also machined with good-sized ridges for a very firm finger grip that will be especially useful if you are wearing gloves. Topping off the system is a bungee-style strap on the lid that makes removing the case from your backpack or shoulder bag much easier.
It is important to note that Beta Shell defines "water-proof" as preventing water and moisture from entering the case when the top lid is securely closed. Proper adherence to the included instructions are mandatory if the case is to be used correctly and the lens completely protected.
For the inveterate and intrepid outdoor photographer - or even if you just want a very strong, secure and water-proof lens case, the Beta Shell system is a cost-effective way to protect your valuable optic. It's backed by Beta's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Supports lenses/optics with external profile diameter of up to 95mm
- The lid design has 52% more memory foam surface area for better lens/optics protection
- Easy to open/close; ridges on the lid make twisting easy
- Guaranteed to seal out water to 16.4' (5 m)
- Case interior is a single continuous surface for easy gear entry and removal
- Fit & Trim system allows a true custom fit to all types of lens and gear that fit within the case's internal volume
- The strap attachment points on lid and lower lid facilitate multiple strap configurations
- Lid design allows for reduced mass and equal strength as compared to the Beta Shell Series 4 cases