The 3200 Series QLE3242 Dual Port Ethernet to PCIe Adapter with SR Transceiver from Q-Logic offers great networking performance and dual port throughput of approximately 40 Gbps. The adapter is used in virtualized environments and supports Q-Logics' unique NIC partitioning feature. This partitioning can divide a physical Ethernet port into four virtual ports with flexible and user-defined bandwidth allocation of 40 Gbps.
The dual port adapter supports SFP+ interface for cost effective connectivity to switches with direct attach copper cables. It has a maximum cable distance of 984.25' (300m), OM3, multi-mode fiber.
This extreme performance eliminates the potential I/O bottlenecks in multi-processor multi-core servers. In addition, support for powerful virtualization features makes this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs).
- The adapter is designed for high-performance applications such as virtualization, network security appliances, IP content delivery systems, grid computing, network attached storage (NAS) and backup servers.
- High Performance
- The adapter boasts of fast performance with bidirectional dual port throughput of up to 40 Gbps. This performance makes the adapter suitable for high-bandwidth applications, as well as applications that require network scaling. It delivers extreme performance while consuming minimal CPU resources, which almost match the CPU utilization found with TCP/IP offload engine (TOE) solutions. Consequently, more CPU resources are available, resulting in faster application performance and higher VM density per server.
- One adapter is viewed by the server OS as a flexible mix (up to four per physical port) of stand-alone NICs with Q-Logic's NPAR technology. It has the ability to allocate guaranteed bandwidth to each virtual adapter. This unique feature has switch agnostic, which means it is not necessary to pair the adapter with any specific 10 GbE switch model to enable partitioning.
- Network management is easy with Q-Logic's new, unified management application, QConvergeConsole. QCC provides single pane of glass management for a broad range of storage and networking adapters. The 3200 Series Adapter also has an API support that allows other third-party management tools to manage it, including native OS management tools for networking.
- Diskless Boot
- The adapter can boot server from remote storage over the LAN (pre-eXecution environment (PXE) boot). Consequently, data centers can deploy thinner servers, centralize OS image management, increase system availability and simplify image redeployment.
- The 3200 Series Adapter supports iSCSI initiators that are available with all the major operating systems. It connects servers to iSCSI storage over a high-speed 10 GbE pipe.