The FOR.A CEQ-100HS Stereoscopic 3D Processor/Color Equalizer is a versatile hardware unit suitable for use in a studio or on location with AC power that brings 3D tools and precise color matching to stereoscopic imagery. The color equalization feature can also be used to balance the output of multiple cameras in a traditional multi-camera shoot. The unit supports 4:2:2 video with 4:4:4 internal processing and features two frame synchronizers.
The specific stereoscopic toolset includes automatic offset of vertical difference, auto color correction, and parallax calculation and adjustment. The CEQ-100HS supports stereoscopic monitoring and horizontal/vertical image flip. The unit fits seamlessly into established production pathways, incorporating a loop-through Genlock input so your video stays in sync with the rest of your equipment. The internal color chart, and color bar generator is an excellent tool for calibrating downstream equipment. Audio embedded in the left or right eye video signal is passed through the equalizer and available to downstream devices.
- The CEQ-100HS features automatic color correction of video signals without using a color chart, by using image recognition technology.
- The equalizer supports 4:2:2 video, processing the signal at 4:4:4 internally.
- The two built-in frame synchronizer channels ensure that your video signals are in phase alignment, preventing timing errors.
The built-in stereoscopic/3D tools make the CEQ-100HS a valuable asset when capturing stereoscopic footage. The tools allow you to adjust for artifacts in your video signal introduced by mechanical 3D rigs. The tools can adjust and correct for flipped images and different brightness/color of the two video signals caused by mirrors, as well as adjusting parallax and vertical alignment errors. Specific tools include:
- Stereoscopic monitoring
- Automatic offset of the vertical difference
- Calculation and adjustment of Parallax
- Horizontal/Vertical image flip of left and right eye view
- The unit features Genlock loop-through to prevent timing errors with downstream equipment and audio pass-through so that downstream monitors can output embedded audio. This allows the CEQ-100HS to integrate into a standard production workflow, and does not relegate it to a stereoscopic only piece of equipment. The built-in color bar generator and standard color chart makes it an excellent choice as a source for calibrating downstream equipment, and with the capability of calibrating 2 of the unit's 4 inputs it becomes a great tool for tweaking additional video feeds to match the primary camera.