The 1TB My Passport USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive from WD is a convenient, high capacity option for anyone with a lot of videos, photos, music, and files that they want to keep secure--and take on the road.
Designed for speed and convenience, the My Passport series of hard drives make backing-up your files fast, easy, and most importantly automatic. You can set up the included software to automatically back up files and folders so you never have to worry about making copies of your favorite photos, videos, or music. It has a low impact on computer resources while running in the background, and will instantly back up any files the moment you add or change them.
Using high-speed USB 3.0 technology, and also compatible with any USB 2.0 port, you can now transfer files faster than ever before, with rates of up to three times faster than previous USB 2.0 technology. Keep those files not only stored, but protected, using WD Security for password protection and hardware encryption--to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
- Massive capacity, yet small design
- Offering a capacity of 1TB in a near pocket-sized enclosure, My Passport hard drives are the ideal companion for taking your videos, photos, music and files around with you--or safely stored at home.
- Automatic, continuous backup software
- Creating and storing copies of your files means never losing your photos or music, and always having a copy to bring back. WD's automatic backup software makes this easy by quietly working in the background to help protect your data, while using minimal PC resources. Whenever you save or change a file, it is instantly backed up without you having to manually move or copy a thing.
- Ultra-fast USB 3.0 transfer rates
- When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport lets you access and save files with blazing speed compared to USB 2.0. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates. However with this single drive you do get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation. The drive is also powered through the USB port, so there's no need to lug around a bulky power adapter.
- WD Security and WD Drive Utilities
- WD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access. Or register your drive, set drive security, run diagnostics and more, using WD Drive Utilities.