The Allen & Heath SYS-LINK Option for MixWizard WZ20S & XONE: 464 Mixer allows console-to-console interconnection by using only 2 cables. By connecting 2 MixWizard WZ20S/464 consoles together, the number of input channels can be increased. The MixWizard WZ20S/464 console acts as a channel expander (slave) to the master console. The system is compatible with other Allen & Heath consoles fitted with the SYS-LINK Option.
Plugging consoles together using SYS-LINK connects the signals directly to the console busses, avoiding the use of the main console outputs and channel inputs for the master/slave connection. All the console channels are available to the user for input sources.
- SYS-LINK connects all the console main busses including Mix 1, Mix 2 and 6 Aux sends
- PFL system is interconnected in such a way that the operating PFL on the slave console activates the master console monitoring system
- Operating PFL/AFL on the master does not activate the slave monitoring system which may be used for local monitoring if required
- SYS-LINK connects the PFL audio mix and DC control bus
- SYS-LINK outputs are taken pre-fader so that the slave console output connectors may be used for sub-mix or zone feeds if required
- All output signals are unbalanced, low impedance, and operate at a line level of -2 dBu to prevent problems with audio interference and to maintain headroom of 23 dB
- SYS-LINK inputs are unbalanced, operate at line level of -2 dBu, and are high impedance to prevent loading the connected source
- SYS-LINK is presented on a single 25-way female D-type connector which is for the outputs
- Several pins are provided for audio 0V earth